Times Ticken

Started by Rata-tat-tat, June 01, 2008, 02:15:14 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Time's Ticken
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's my second attempt at an original... The BR has my creative juices flowin. Again I'm a drummer trying to play guitar and sing. This one was based on a bad day at work. I'm sure we've all been there. Instead of getting fired I decided to capture my frustrations with my boss and put it into music. Did some pan work and fading with Acid Studio. All tracks recorded on the BR using a piece of junk guitar I bought at a garage sale for $5.00 (Not even sure what the heck it is). Had to scream a little bit (turned out OK) need to clean the vox up some more... Anyhow feel free to help me out. By the way... my band did some raw recording last night and it turned out pretty good. I'll ask them if it is OK to post... don't want to get anyone PO'd at me. Thanks... hope you enjoy.

Note: This one has some adult language... Not meant to offend, just trying to express the way I felt.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

waynesan76

Hahaha! The adult language works well in this one. I've been there before. Great job man. I love the sound of those drums - are they recorded with the internal mic? Good job on guitar and vocals as well!

Rata-tat-tat

The drums are loops from Acid Studio. I believe they were a mixture of the Bill Casswell Series and some stuff from Mick Fleetwood. I think I'm close to being able to record my own tracks with the external mic. This will make it much easier for me to laydown the stuff that I want. Arranging loops is pretty time consuming.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

SteveG

Yep, I have been there too! Have a blues called "Working for the Turd" (The name we affectionately call our boss) running round my head that I will get round to recording some day. Vocals sound fine to me man, and you play guitar way better than I play drums!! Nice song. Well, not NICE nice, but ... hell, you know what I mean lol!

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks Steve... Feel free to add some guitar licks in there. I need all the help I can get. Hopefully I will get around to getting some original drum tracks in there sometime soon. I have to hear this song of yours... LMAO "Working for the Turd".... That's great man.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Mrs001

Hi tod just heard your song and had to say i love the attitude in the song comes across realy well your voice fits it well keep up the work reminds me how i feel some days lol
Mark

Scorpios

Sounds really good, the drums loops could have fooled me for live drums.

What I like about the BR is recording guitars to a metronome, and use it as a click track to add the drums in later, half the time I am at work with only a guitar when I come up with ideas then I can later go home and add in the drums that way.

The built in mic works pretty good for a drum kit, the only bad part is it will be in mono, though if you have any sort of mixer, just run line in ato the BR and that problem will be solved.

Anyway, good work, keep it up.

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks guys... I'm going to rework this one and Slick Jack this weekend. Put my acoustic tracks on them...I'll repost once done. Scorpio... I did some testing on the line in. I'm running an old BI AMP mixer with 57's and a Betta for the kick. Sounds pretty good just need to figure out which effect to use in correlation to my eq. (If you have any suggestions... I'm all ears) I've got it sound pretty decent just need to do some minor tweeking on the eq.

Again thanks... You guys are all awesome!!!

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02