SKY DRIVE

Started by The Reverend 48, October 26, 2009, 06:51:35 AM

Wiley

I noticed that for $4.95 you can upgrade to quite a lot more if one wants to pay. Hopefully this will be a good place. And yes 64 I noticed the every 30 days. But like you said that wouldn't be much of a problem to most. This place was even easy for me to understand, had no trouble except wasn't sure which link to save the file as, but you can go back and change it without any trouble. But I guessed right.

64Guitars

Anyone tried MyDataNest.com? I read about it on this web page about Free File Hosting Sites with Hotlinking/Direct Linking. They claim that it offers hotlinking and is better than HotLinkFiles.com, FileDEN, and a few others.

Another one they like is SigMirror.com.

If anyone tries either of these sites, please let us know what you think about it and post a song so we can see if the hotlinking works with our MP3 player.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tony

Has anyone tried Google sites?  I don't know if it even the right type of website but I'm try and do something this week and see if I can get it to link.  I know it's free and I can upload mp3s but that about all so far.  What does it need beyond that?  64?

64Guitars

Quote from: tony on November 09, 2009, 09:09:34 PMHas anyone tried Google sites?

Blooby uses Google sites and his posts seem to work well with our MP3 player. Maybe he can tell us more about it. Here are some of his recent posts with songs hosted by Google sites:

You can learn more about Google sites and sign up here:

http://sites.google.com/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

The Reverend 48

This sounds like a result! 8)
Thanks ;) ;D

http://sites.google.com/site/48bluesmen/

T.C. Elliott

My awesome google pages are being transfered to google sites now as google is phasing out the pages. Yesterday I link a cover of Vera - Pink Floyd to Fawmers.com by uploading to google sites. It worked for me on every try but a friend had to download in order to hear it. I would assume if she tried a few more times it would have played. It wasn't the easiest to figure out how to upload. Have to create a page then go to attachments then upload whatever file you want to use.

It's free and it works sometimes... that's better than nothing for sure.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

Just posted in the br-900 section and google sites is working for me.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

The Reverend 48

Im now on google sites is there a limit to the number of Mp3s you can upload?

T.C. Elliott

Google pages had a limit of 100mb total per page. But you could get three pages per account. So far I have no idea with the sites. The song I uploaded was to the site that supposedly held the transfer of those 98mb of songs from this summer. But I noticed the link didn't change and is still streaming so I might still be in the middle of the transfer.

I can say that sites is not nearly as intuitive as pages, but maybe they are the same difficulty but I already knew the one so I'm having more trouble with the other as a result. No idea. I just know that the pages rocked and the sites are barely decent in comparison, but still a good deal for streaming mp3s for free.

The good thing about the pages.. if you do a cover no-one but you can get in trouble for it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

64Guitars

For anyone who's still looking for a place to post their songs, this site looks like it could be a good one:

http://www.weebly.com/

It lets you build your own website using their easy online tools and upload your song files to your site. You can then link to those songs in your songcrafters.org messages using the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags. The songs will play in our MP3 player with Firefox and with Internet Explorer!

For an example of the kind of website you can build, see Epinay's weebly site:

http://www.mysongcovers.weebly.com/

And here's his previously-posted cover of "The Kids Are Alright". I've linked it from his site so you can see that our MP3 player works with weebly-hosted files:

"The Kids Are Alright"
by Epinay (BR-900)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Linking to our MP3 player is easy because weebly doesn't try to hide the URL of your file like SkyDrive and others do.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website