SKY DRIVE

Started by The Reverend 48, October 26, 2009, 06:51:35 AM

Wiley

I just checked and it does sound very promising. I hope it is an answer for us!!

The Reverend 48

I've signed up to Fileden
lets hope this stays put ???

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Oldrottenhead

i got a fileden account but have been unable to access it yet, when i try to access my account and go to upload i get this message "Unable to access user folder for oldrottenhead. This could be due to the userfiles folder not being CHMODed correctly." been looking in the forums but not found a solution but looks like a common problem for a lot of people there, anyone any idea as to how to fix this.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

CHMOD is the unix Change Mode command. It sets permissions on files and folders. What they mean by "userfiles folder not being CHMODed correctly" is that you don't currently have permission to access that folder. The reason is probably that they're locking some user accounts while they move files to a new server. See this message:

http://forums.fileden.com/announcement.php?f=8

Also, their FAQ says the following about CHMOD errors:

What is a 'CHMOD error'?
You may get this error message when we're performing maintenance, please be patient and try again in 10-15 minutes time - it is usually rectified very quickly. If you see such a message for longer than 24 hours, report it on the support forums or by contacting us and we'll get right on it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Thanks 64, I just signed up and got the same message. And then it said something about maintenance.  So that will be useful.

Oldrottenhead

been getting the message for the last 24 hours, looks like they are moving servers, but i also see a lot of people on forum, can  go for long periods without issues being resolved and also losing their files previously uploaded, seems like a lot of hard work. cant say i am impressed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 30, 2009, 01:08:20 PMi also see a lot of people on forum, can  go for long periods without issues being resolved and also losing their files previously uploaded, seems like a lot of hard work. cant say i am impressed.

Yeah, some things about FileDEN don't impress me either. However, it's the only free web storage service we've found (so far) that will let us hotlink to our MP3 player. So I think we'll have to make do with it until somebody finds something better.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSo I think we'll have to make do with it until somebody finds something better.
i cant even access it never mind make do with it lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

Ok found a place called  www.hotlinkfiles.com  says it allows hot linking! Am trying it to see if it works.  They had several links I could save it as so hope I got the right one.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Hey it worked.  Now lets see if it stays here
The place said 1,000 MB space,
8000 MB band width,
50MB unpload limit
and hot linking allowed.  
I tried the Fileden and was getting no where either orh. Lets see if this one stays put for a few days.

64Guitars

Nice one, PJ! That looks like a good site.

One thing to keep in mind with most of these web storage sites is that you have to login to their site regularly or they'll delete your account and all of your files. With hotlinks.com, you have to login at least once every 30 days. That shouldn't be a problem for most members here that post songs fairly frequently. But members who post songs less frequently should login to their hotfiles.com account at least once a month to keep the account active. Otherwise, they'll delete your account and any songs you've posted via hotlinks will no longer play in our MP3 player.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website