Uploading MP3's to the forum server will not be possible

Started by Pedro, October 23, 2009, 04:37:10 AM

Diego Ayala

So Pedro, I already have a soundclick account - if I want to post a song into the br forum - do I just copy the link under soundclick and then i just use the hyperlink while posting?

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

I think you done good, Admin.

Logged on my googlepages today and two of them are being converted to google sites. Which sucks. Sites are not nearly as steady for streaming. But a friend in London has hooked me up with unlimited hosting. It's nice to have on-line music communities in which to find helpful people.

I'm gonna go deleted all the two year old soundclick files and maybe even start posting here. Thanks everyone for being so helpful.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Quote from: Diego Ayala on November 03, 2009, 07:09:23 PMSo Pedro, I already have a soundclick account - if I want to post a song into the br forum - do I just copy the link under soundclick and then i just use the hyperlink while posting?

From your SoundClick page, copy just the songid number:

In the BossBR.net message editor, click the SoundClick button to insert the [soundclick][/soundclick] tags, then paste the songid number between the tags:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Diego Ayala

Thanks guys!

I'll have to look @ soundclick and check out if i can create a separate folder to add my BR forum stuff...

Greeny

I think even I can follow that, lol. Thanks (again!) 64guitars...

Pedro

Regarding the existing MP3 attachments, I suggest everyone create a backup on their soundclick or other hosting source, because I will slowly reduce the database by deleting the oldest attachments.

SteveB

ADM - Is this deletion process to include Collaborations? Either now or in the future?
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

indierik

Oh well, sustainable is a good trade-off for ease of use, imo. We love this site and would be heartbroken if it went away. Unfortunately uploading songs on Soundclick is a "Pain in the Neck" hehe. I'm sure it'll get easier the more I do it, but every time I go to upload a song on soundclick i have to dig deep into the cobwebs of my brain and try to remember how I did it the time before.

Pedro, you have a good thing going here. Thanks for looking out for us.

erik

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche