Slick Jack (Original)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 30, 2008, 07:09:44 PM

Flash Harry

I was sure that I had posted a comment on this but it seems that I haven't

What more can I say than has been said already? Cool song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pine

One thing about a good song...the'ye timeless. 3 years on the board? WoW!

Didn't read all the posts...but how they let you get away without posting the lyrics i don't know...

Loved the humbuckin' mean rhythm against the jangley single coil (if that's what that was)

Your verse vox and phrasing style sound alot like Nelson..(in this one anyway) Also hear a touch of Steve Miller influence?

Living proof yet again that songs don't need to be complicated to be good. Well done Tod!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

thetworegs

loved it.....got me strutting on the lounge.......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hi Tod, just love this. It has a Lynard Skynard sort of feel, that beautiful loose rock that just keeps rolling............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

64Guitars

On This Day bump.

Great song. Stepping Stone should do a remake. Not that there's anything wrong with the original or with Prive's additions, but I think it would be cool to add some Gnasty guitar to this and Mark's bass. Just a thought.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 30, 2012, 05:13:21 PMOn This Day bump.

Great song. Stepping Stone should do a remake. Not that there's anything wrong with the original or with Prive's additions, but I think it would be cool to add some Gnasty guitar to this and Mark's bass. Just a thought.

Here Here... I would love to redo this one... Thanks for the bump 64 and the SC Can... It's like I took home the gold... If my fellow Stepping Stoners are up for it... To be continued.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gnasty

I don`t know the Stepping Stone plate is so full i`m losing more teeth everyday. Ahh what the hell is another one gonna do?

I did not know about this tune. Tod this is one hell of a cracking song buddy! Damn! Love it! Great bump and great idea 64. The musical thoughts are racing already.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

I think some music should be bumped every month...............Willie
recorder