Slick Jack (Original)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 30, 2008, 07:09:44 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Prive,

Thanks... man that helps out a lot. If you would like... I can send you the individual tracks. I think it might be easier for you to send me the tracks and I could redo the vocals. What I think needs to happen... when the Verse goes into the part about Jacks funeral the mood should come down to a lull and then build back up to the chorus. Sorry... I can't tell you what key or anything like that, I totally play by ear and don't know notes or scales or anything pertaining to theory.

I also like this song and haven't had much time to put into it. I appreciate your input and look forward to colaborating. Everyone else... thanks for the comments it means a lot to me. I've been a very busy guy as of late and have been going through a lot of bad shit lately... hopefully I can transpose my thoughts into song. Just takes me longer than most to make it happen. Again thanks everyone.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Boognish

dude, that song rocks.  I like the vocal sound, and the riff is nice. 
good work.
Okay to cover.

RevHeadRaZ

Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

holdempok

Wow. Just plain Wow. How did you get the vocal effect?
Why don't we do it on the road?

Rata-tat-tat

Believe it or not the vocals are pretty dry. I used a touch of chorus to get the stereo effect and a little compression. The secret is to record two tracks using the same vocal range. Try it sometime... you'll see what I'm talking about. You can then pan the vocals Lt & Rt to get the stereo effect to make the vocals cut through and jump out of the track. Really makes the difference.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Vanncad

BUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Holy sh*t!!

This tune rocks!!!! This has got a great groove to it man. Those vocals are wicked. Kind of a mix between Thin Lizzy and Cake. Just fantastic!!
I think I like the "durty" guitar version  but both are way cool regardless.

Thanks for turning me on to it Rat.

This is a really, really good song man
This deserves way more listens.

I love it!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks Vann... Wow... this one's been burried for a while. Thanks for bumping it. I had to listen again just to refresh the memory. Whew...
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Blooby

Now it's my turn to comment on your drums.  Are those acoustic drums recorded?  Nice job.  You asked me what I would do, so I would run them through a sub-mixer with effects and add some 1-2 second hall or plate reverb (I hate gated reverbs with a passion) to the drums and leave the cymbals alone.  Not to take away with what you've done because it sounds damn good.  Great vocals as well.

Blooby

antisocialworker

rockin post man!
kinda got a black crows vibe.
loved it.

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Blooby on March 30, 2010, 07:39:22 PMNow it's my turn to comment on your drums.  Are those acoustic drums recorded?  Nice job.  You asked me what I would do, so I would run them through a sub-mixer with effects and add some 1-2 second hall or plate reverb (I hate gated reverbs with a passion) to the drums and leave the cymbals alone.  Not to take away with what you've done because it sounds damn good.  Great vocals as well.

Blooby

Blooby... Unfortunately these were not my drums... I used Acid Loops to create the Drum patern. Your not the only cheater here my freind. LMAO... I haven't even come close to acheiving this sound yet micing the drums. I took a look at your Yamaha DTXpress. Wow.. those things sound awesome.

I did play the guitar on this one and the Vox. 

Thanks for the listen Blooby.

You too ASW.
recorder
Tascam DP-02