Slick Jack (Original)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 30, 2008, 07:09:44 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Slick Jack
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Alright... after a few attempts to get this posted, I finally got my file size down under 5 mb. This is my first attempt at an original and my first attempt with the BR. I'm not a guitar player so my chops are pretty lame (Feel free to help me out). I had to layer 2 vocal tracks together in order to make the vox cut through. I'm not a very strong vocalist, but I think this came out pretty darn good for an ameture. I still have some quite a bit of work to do with this one. I invision some builds and peaks to not make it so monotonous. This is not my drum track either. I used Acid Studio to lay the drum track... Yeh I know, you can give me heck for not using the BR. I'm much more comfortable with Acid Studio right now. Soon I will be able to lay all original tracks once I figure out how to record my acoustics. In the meantime I hope you enjoy. Thanks for everything.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

galestermusic

Hey power where are you from?

guitarron

How'd I miss this-
Nice groove-very cool-
I recently dl'd Acid to mess with a little

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

galestermusic

Hi GR! I liked as well. I asked power where he was from because not too many people mention WV coal mines in the muse and I'm from WV, I thought I would ask. My grandfather died from the black lung of mining in WV coal mines.

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies... Originally I'm from Missouri. The song was based on a buddie I was in the military with. He used to tell me stories about his father in WV. So I just juiced up the story line a little and made it into this song. I'm going to get my band to help me out with it. Right now this is the rough draft. Still need to add some peaks and bridges to it. I can't play guitar that well so I need someone who has some talent to come in and help me out with that. Right now it just seems to drone on without any bridges built into it. Also I need to work on the vocals and get them tightened up a bit. Anyhow... thanks for checking out my posts. Feel free to help me out with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out with a real guitarist.

VR

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

AlchemyMN

Prive

Jack1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi!!! i love this track! to me it has a little Fu-manchu vibe at the vocals, so i tried to add some fuzz guitars but maybe you don't want it that way, not metal but more heavy, instead i grab my cheap bass again and put an overdrive bass line to fatten the guitars, i like the way you played but if you want me to play guitars too we can make some collaboration and build the song from scratch again.

Saludos from Argentina!!!!!

Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

John Jolly

Outstanding! I really liked Prive's addition -- it really added another dynamic to the song.

--JJ

Greeny

Sweet Home Alabama! This is great - really great. And as always, Prive's contribution makes it even sweeter.

Fantastic work boys