Back! With "new" guitars added to the family!

Started by Saijinn Maas, October 23, 2009, 12:43:53 AM

Saijinn Maas

Been away for a bit. Was in crunch time at work putting in 16-20 a day, 7 days a week. And it's finally over!!

Since the last time I did anything here, I got two new guitars.

A Les Paul clone (Mako Traditionals) They went out of business in '89 I believe it was. Picked it up for half what they were going for normally. Far right (obviously ;)) This one is set up with Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Guitar Humbucker Pickup Set (with SH2 Jazz and SH4 JB Guitar Pickups) It was the set I originally had in my black Ibanez.

The other is an Ibanez Rx60. Made in 95. It is the Ivory one with no strings. Ibanez produced these "strat" style guitars to compete with Fender from 93-96 I believe. At the time, they didn't sell too well even though they were seen as better than most strat knockoffs at the same price. These usually go for anywhere between $150 - $300, depending how lucky you get. I won it for a cool $81!! :)

Davo

Score man!   Welcome back!  Those are both sweet guitars.

When I was in highschool-my first "band" I played by buddies Ibanez-and It looked just like that.  We are having a Halloween benefit next week in honor of a friend I lost this year-but his sister gave me a tape of us playing a party-and Im pretty sure thats the model.

I have a Les Paul copy with upgraded pups as well-they are GREAT guitars and I kinda dig how the non-epi models are pretty obscure, cant wait to hear some violin-like  leads from that one when you get the chance.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SteveB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

that's some fine guitars !!! and at that price it's amazing !!

Those ibanez guys have made some really great guitars for the prize you have to pay !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

Congrat on your new guitars.  Now I want another one!  I want a strat.  imitation probably but I don't care another guitar.!!!

launched

Welcome back. Just in time for rockfest!

I like your new guitars. And...

What's the deal with the black one in the corner with the binding and roller nut? I want that one! It's a mean looking SOB.

And is the second from right the Ovation T-257 "Dave Mustaine" model??   :)

Sweet!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

Working that many hours is the pits........until payday!!   :D

Cool collection.....a guy can't have too many guitars....
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Saijinn Maas

Mark - The black one in the corner is my Ibanez S520EX. The same one I've done most of my posts here with. I just recently changed to the pickups to a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck and a Dimarzio Evo 2 in the bridge. The Ovation is an Ovation Elite 1778 TX Acoustic-Electric.

Pinedog - I keep telling my wife that, but I don't think she believes me. She thinks one guitar is more than enough. Silly...
I'm missing one guitar from the pic that I lent to a friend. A Jackson JS1. That one has the pup that were originally in the S520EX. Good for chugging rhythm, but not much else.

Wiley

I like you family of guitars.  I think thats a neat idea to post your family. Maybe I will post mine. LOL I think I have to much stuff to fit in a pic. LOL