Online at CDBABY.....Finally!

Started by Pine, October 22, 2009, 05:40:54 PM

Pine

Hi All.......Well it looks like the folks at cdbaby have finally got my new album, "Stray"...posted and ready to go. Soundclips seem to be working but i'm still waiting on some start point adjustments. Downloads from iTunes will be available "well before Christmas" i was told.
This album took me three years...but the first one was mostly spent reading the manual on my new BR1200CD (upgraded from a Fostex VF80) and experimenting with it all. If anybody has time to go there and see if it all seems to work ok, i'd appreciate it. Let me know if you see any errors or problems. Thanks!

www.cdbaby.com/cd/pinecats2   
recorder
Boss BR-1200

tony

I'll try and get there later today but for now - Congratulations. 

Wiley

I love your album cover. Will check it out tomorrow.

Pine

Thanks Wiley...i really had fun doing the graphics...just wish i was better at it!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Congrats.  This is fantastic.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Thats a Great Album Bro!

Congratulations!!!

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bosko Schwartz

Awesome, Pinedog!  We can trade record sales!  EXCELLENT!!! ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Pine

Thanks Tony..Blooby...and T. I appreciate all of you for your support and inspiration. Sometimes you feel like you will never write another song...but then ya hang out here and do some listening and get renewed enthusiasm. My journey at CDBABY has been a trying one. I did my first Cd in '06, when founder Derek Siver was still at the wheel there. It was SO user friendly and it all worked so well. Still have not quite broken even on that one but sold CD's in 6 countries and as many states. Still getting sales from digital downloads at iTunes although the disc sales have stopped. Most recently, i have sold a few of the new CD and combined with what they owed me from digital sales, they sent me another check (they pay everytime you hit $20) So i get an email from the new admin saying "congrats! new check sent to you!". That was on 10/22. NO check yet....long overdue...so i write them. "Oh so sorry...must have gotten lost. We can reissue it immediately but there will be a $15 fee...or you can wait until 30 days are up and we will re-issue" When is the last time you had something get "lost in the mail?"...kinda like "the dog ate my homework" to me. Needless to say, i had to opt for option #2 or get a check for $5. You can also "customize" your song clips there (start points of the 29 second clip) I did that on a couple tunes...in EARLY October..and they are not changed yet. So all is not well just yet under the new admin at CDBABY. Alot of you have great tunes and may be contemplating using them...which is why i am posting this windy message. Consider it a "public service announcement"  :D 
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ferryman

Great news Pinedog, and well done. Will check it out in more detail when I have time but just to get to this stage requires dedication and commitment. And thanks for the heads up about CDBaby as well. Things don't look good there at the moment.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Thanks Bosko...hopefully your sales will be far beyond mine. The music biz in general is in such chaos at this point in time...putting a CD out there is just a roll of the dice.
I think i read cdbaby sometimes gets 100 new discs a day. That's mindboggling. Consumers are drowning in a sea of independent and pro music. In addition, the vast majority of today's listeners have no clue whatsoever what we here all have to go thru to get a good song together...let alone a whole album. Nor do they care. The only hope any home recording Indie's have is to be true to themselves in their creations and strive for the best they can do technically. If you are proud of what you have done, you are a success. Sales are another ballgame entirely.

Nigel...thanks to you as well. Doing an album is a labor of love and all reading this are fully aware of what it takes. The support you get from places like this make the journey alot more fun and help keep your enthusiasm up. As for cdbaby, i will say that their communication response time has dramatically improved in the last 6 weeks. My complaints about the clips were addressed yesterday with apologies and promises that they would be fixed not soon, but today. Big talk...we'll see.
recorder
Boss BR-1200