Quick update!

Started by Bro, October 22, 2009, 10:58:25 AM

Bro

Hey folks!

I'm doing great here at my music school. I'm trying as hard as i can to record as often as i can. I'm learning the modes right now. And trying to learn some stuff from this great guitarist called Mike Stern. I'm working on the song Chromazone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIhUpVzEFE

We just recently made some recordings of some songs that we have written by ourselves. I dont know when they will be finished, but I'll try to see if i can post some of the material that i am playing on.

Take care! :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Good to hear from you Jimi.
How many years is the course? It is goin to be interesting to hear how your playing has changed when you come out the other end.
Migs is posting as Migster while on holidays because he can't access his account.

Wiley

Hey great to hear from you!!! Can't wait for your posts.

Diego Ayala

Good to hear from you Malte!!!  Totaly awesome performance = thanks for posting it!  You are learning this song...  Totaly wow!

Take care!!!

Blooby

Congrats. 

Does that mean he's teaching you, or you are studying his music.  Have dug Mike Stern from some of his work with Miles during the comeback years.  I think he's got his own thing going for a fusion cat.  Those endless lines are one thing, but you put those bluesy bends and the way he kicks solos into overdrive with...well, with overdrive is great.  His chorused tone gets to me sometimes, though.

Love his albums "Upside Downside" and "Time in Place," and he did some nice stuff with Michael Brecker/The Brecker Brothers as well.

I'm jealous.  My hat's off to you.

Blooby

Rippin' solo below.  And some great bass as well.

The Reverend 48

Hey Malte I'm glad your doing well
Looking forward to hearing your new work.....

Davo

Great brotha learning music is such a profound experience.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

launched

I'm glad you're having fun at music school, buddy! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Stay in touch!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover