Kaossilator pros and cons

Started by godinqc, October 20, 2009, 10:40:21 AM

Bluesberry

Quote from: godinqc on October 26, 2009, 10:38:22 AMYes .. it's after listening to some of the songs in this forum that I got more curious about synth sound .. (This forum is great .. it opens up a new world of technology that I would not be aware of) . I looked at the Kaossilator and it looks like a very interesting instrument but I opted for the NanoKey just to get me started with Synth sounds .. Of course there's a lot of limitation since it's ony a 25 key midi controller .. but so far that's all I need .. maybe later I will look up the Roland SH-201
Now I have to find time to record a song using this little gadget ..

Salut !
Get something posted, I really look forward to what you come up with Godin-man (love those godin guitars!!!!!!)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SenhorLampada

Quote from: tony on October 26, 2009, 08:28:37 AM..but others want something to do instead of watching TV or playing computer games. These new instruments, Kaosillators and the like, are really putting music performance back in the home...

Agreed! And I should add grooveboxes to that mix! 'cheap' gear with loads of sounds and possibilities ;)

I'm looking forward to buy this week Roland PMA-5... I wanted a Yamaha QY-70 or QY-100 too! But that would cost more :D

Looks like a  good companion for the MBR! :D

tony

Quote from: SenhorLampada on October 27, 2009, 08:47:56 PM

Looks like a  good companion for the MBR! :D

If your are buying a new one, good, but if it is used, make sure you get the manual.  I have a manual with mine and I'm still getting caught out with the menus and procedures after over six months.

But the up side is that this is a very powerful little box.  Many uses, great sounds.  And excellent with the MBR. I carry it in my bag almost all the time. I tried to buy a backup the other day and I will when I find one for the right price.

Davo

Quote from: godinqc on October 26, 2009, 10:38:22 AMYes .. it's after listening to some of the songs in this forum that I got more curious about synth sound .. (This forum is great .. it opens up a new world of technology that I would not be aware of) . I looked at the Kaossilator and it looks like a very interesting instrument but I opted for the NanoKey just to get me started with Synth sounds .. Of course there's a lot of limitation since it's ony a 25 key midi controller .. but so far that's all I need .. maybe later I will look up the Roland SH-201
Now I have to find time to record a song using this little gadget ..

Salut !
Can you post the synth samples if you get the chance?  I want one.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe