Osckilo's Live performence journey..........

Started by OsCKilO, October 19, 2009, 06:06:34 PM

Greeny

Nice one, T! This is a great thread. I hope to see you performing one of these days. Although I have to say I felt extra pressure to perform well when Nigel, Kai and yourself came to watch me! You have the talent, so all you need to do is hone it in a live setting...

My top-tips for open mics (having done a few... lol)...

1. Never play an un-rehearsed song

2. Watch your speed... nerves can make you rush through a song too quickly

3. Leave a good gap between songs

4. Be yourself and be modest... it's not Wembley Stadium! (I've seen many people forget this!!!!!)

5. Playing live will eventually make your song choice easier... you'll know which ones are fun to play and which ones come across well. Or - like me - you may start writing songs that you know will sound good in a live setting.

It's a great thing to do... I'm really happy you're on this mission!

OsCKilO

Thanks Greeny!!!!!

I breached point one today though....Lol

I have a bad cough.....

Needed an easy song...

Made one up Two hours before the open mic....

Was Fun Though....

Greeny ....You Freaking RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were amazing on stage!!!!!

Hope to see you soon!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

Quote from: osckilo on October 31, 2009, 11:38:43 AMI Used one of these!

Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone...
It drains the batteries though....(Plug in power needs to be on)

How much time did you get out of the batteries with that mic running off of plug-in power?

I have a gig coming up later this month that I might want to record.  Do you suppose I could get an hour of battery life using that mic?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Here it is!! Performance number three!! I tried to get it posted sooner, but I had tech difficulties.

This is my favorite one so far. I think Tharek is more relaxed and the playing/singing reflects upon this. And the special collab surprise is very nice!!

The recording was a little lopsided with not much sound on one channel, so I elected to fix it. If there are any technical defects present, I am truly responsible. Did the best I could. There is some white noise, but the performance truly supercedes that.

I would like to say: "Great job, T!!!!" A great performance!!!

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Love it!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

Wow, this was a very good performance. I heard relaxed Tharek playing and singing. Third gig and how much T-man has improved from the first one!! You clearly enjoy live performances more and more. Nice!!!

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

T, you are getting so much more comfortable on stage. The only suggestions I would make would be to change up your first song now. If there are regulars, they know what you'll be doing. I think you're using it as an ice breaker and gaining a level of comfort because the next two songs were spectacular.

You're banter didn't sound nervous at all this time. You sounded like you were meant to be on stage my friend.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Davo

Quote from: Ted on November 02, 2009, 09:49:29 PM
Quote from: osckilo on October 31, 2009, 11:38:43 AMI Used one of these!

Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone...
It drains the batteries though....(Plug in power needs to be on)

How much time did you get out of the batteries with that mic running off of plug-in power?

I have a gig coming up later this month that I might want to record.  Do you suppose I could get an hour of battery life using that mic?
Id get around 2-3 hours.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Brilliant T!!!

You're clearly getting more confident, and your singing is just wonderful!! Your voice is really good and this performance shows that.  Loke Tony said : you are meant to be on stage.

Looking forward to the next one !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

You're improving in quantum leaps!

That new song reminded me of Sympathy for the Devil a bit, which made me want to hear you sing it.  Then I was trying to imagine you also doing Paint it Black.

When's the next performance?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac