Osckilo's Live performence journey..........

Started by OsCKilO, October 19, 2009, 06:06:34 PM

Ferryman

Great stuff Tharek. There is no place to hide when you do solo fingerpicked stuff like that, so you really made it hard on yourself for your first gigs. A big improvement over the previous one, you are clearly getting to like this! Keep on going my friend.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

An Amazing Performance Aca!!!!

Finger Picking is superb!!!

Great Voice as Always!!!

And G!!!

You Must be a very Proud man!!!

Awesome Talent in your Family Bro!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

ACA - Sweeeeet live performance! Dad's proud!!! He tells us all the time!!! Heck, I'm proud!! We're all proud of you!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rickocaster

T - thanks for sharing your journey with the rest of us. I really think you have the stuff to make a good solo act - something I have never attempted to do myself. Your musical ideas are great, you have good performance skills, and I sensed a great projection of sincerity which connected with the audience.

Wish there was space for me to share my horror stories of screw ups I've made in live performances with bands. We've all had 'em and w'ell have more. I applaud your "full steam ahead" perspective. You've found the secret......no one really cares about your mistakes if they like what you do and who you are. It's what makes live music magic.

You should keep doing the journal and recording your performances. Someday when you hit the big time it would be a fascinating book or movie!

Rick
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

OsCKilO

Thank you Rick....

You have No Idea How Much your comments mean to me....

And thanks everyone who is following this thread for the interest!

God willing, I make a better performance for you the next time!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Diego Ayala

T =>  yes you can come back next week, and the following week!  Just listened to your 2nd performance, and it is great that you're going back...

Next Saturday I'll be dragging my guitars to an open mic night, and will try two of the songs that Jim H has put words to them - so this will be a firts for me since these are songs I've always performed live as instrumentals ---

? = did you use your microBR to record your performance?  If yes, how did you do it?

Did you have 1 mic to the guitar port and 1 mic to the mic port?  Or did you run everything via  a PA and then piped it to the recorder all into 1 tract?

Take Care!!!

OsCKilO

Thanks D!

I Used one of these!

Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone...
It drains the batteries though....(Plug in power needs to be on)

I have seen Greeny Plug his MBR into the Mixing desk...  That would work better for the recording...

You will be great on saturday! Your voice is awesome!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Just listened to your second gig, it,s all a learning curve and your learning quickly enjoyed it very much.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

QuoteNext Saturday I'll be dragging my guitars to an open mic night, and will try two of the songs that Jim H has put words to them - so this will be a firts for me since these are songs I've always performed live as instrumentals ---
this i must hear
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann