Osckilo's Live performence journey..........

Started by OsCKilO, October 19, 2009, 06:06:34 PM

Ferryman

Been following this one from afar and just had the chance to listen to Geir's remastered version. Tharek, you did really well and I continue to be amazed at how far you have progressed. Keep doing more and you will continue to grow as a musician and a performer.

It's been great to read everyone else's experiences as well (Ted, I loved that live gig!). For me, playing live has been a major part of my musical journey - all I ever wanted to do since I was about 12 was to play guitar in a band. Played my first gig at about 14, since then it's been hundreds of gigs from a few people in crappy venues to some quite big places and big crowds. I just love performing and being on stage, no nerves ever, just the adrenalin rush beforehand.

Obviously I failed in my attempt to make it in the music business and rarely play live now. However, I am lucky enough to have a job that involves making business presentations to audiences from 5-10 people right up to 5000+.  And although it's "serious" stuff, you have to approach it like a live performance and the buzz is nearly (but not quite) the same.

Keep gigging!

Cheers,

Nigel (sadly a bit of a show off) 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Hey guys - Here is T's second time in front of the crowd. I think it sounds great and he definitely wins everyone over again. The file's a little big (20mb) so I'm serving it for him.

I'll take this opportunity to give my review:

First of all, I wish I was there - Sounded like a great place to be at. A bunch of jolly, friendly people. I think Tharek came off to a great start with this one - The first song "White Flag" was played beautifully with full confidence. Especially considering it was only his second time around.

The next numbers "We Can" and the forum classic "TOTM"  :D were well received, and brought a good response from the crowd. T had a tough time with TOTM, a couple of hiccups here and there, but he kept at it and finished - Proud of you, bro!

And then the Spanish number - A great job!! A finger picking beauty!!

All in all I wish I had been there (Would have been a long swim, though!!)

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!! You the man, T!!!

(Hope the link works)

Time:
0:00
Volume:

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

Now that was a marked improvement Tharek! You won the crowd for sure. You have an incredible amount of charm. Way to do your thing Tharek! A couple of stumbles halfway through, but the crowd really enjoyed it, and you seemed to be ok with it. You didn't fold. Well you did a little bit, but kept going. I'm proud of you T. The Spanish number to finish it off was perfect.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

With this rate of improvement I can't imagine where you'd end !!

Listening to this all morning !!

Man I wish I'd been there!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

A deep bow from me!

I haven't noticed this thread before, because I haven't visited much on the general discussion...

A man, a guitar and first gig! Wow! I would have been so shaky that I couldn't step on the stage. In my life, I have made just two gigs,  'just' 25 years ago ;D. And it is a big difference to play bass and sing backing vocals in a punk band than be alone on the stage!

I was very shaky before those gigs, especially the first one. Our guitarist/lead singer was very experienced performer and he encouraged me. Afterwards everything went well and the second time was much easier. After gigs it felt so good. The second one was recorded and I remember the quality was also good. Naturally, that tape is lost. Little by little, after those gigs I quit all music making and playing, when started it again a couple years ago.

Go on T, and remeber we are on your side!

Kari

ps. "We Can" is a very beautiful song...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SdC

Congratulations T., these are life-changing experiences.
I did a couple of recitals in my early teens on classical guitar at the music school (for parents and peers). Nerve wrecking. Later, a bit of popular music. The big turning point for controlling my nerves was to go out busking when I was about 18/19. Playing for hours for people who may or may not be interested, it really teaches a lot. Like which songs are interesting to the average joe (and bring in the big $$$). Since then I haven't suffered from shame or insecurity about my guitar playing; singing is another matter...

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pine

I don't mind being a recluse...i can go out just by clicking on your show T! I enjoyed this...i love the coffeehouse/solo gigs. Nowhere to hide. It is the peak of courage and sharing. You did well and should be proud of it. You are one fine player too. I haven't done one of these in 2 years now...but after hearing this, i just may give it another go.
Thanks for sharing your "journey".
recorder
Boss BR-1200

danieldesete

Congratulations Tharek, this is real music... something you will never buy on a CD.
"this one you might not like"...
Thanks for sharing
Daniel

PS is this recorded stereo, the sound is good ? What's the trick ?
hou hou ha ha

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand