Osckilo's Live performence journey..........

Started by OsCKilO, October 19, 2009, 06:06:34 PM

SenhorLampada

Nice performance! :)

Seems everywhere there are lot of open mics!
It's not exactly a tradition here in Brazil, though :(

Oh... For those who wanna drink some booze, take care! I've seen friends ruining a performance because they drank too much! The singer started mumbling and facing backwards to the crowd! :D

Cheers!!!
Love the post, T!

Diego Ayala

Just got done listening to earthcake and like their music very much - heavy bass, which suits my ears quite well!

Since I have play many venues from Churches to fund raisers, in bars to open gigs - there is no one sure thing that will work - the best thing is to practice your entire performance, may that be 1 -2 songs or 1 - 4 sets of say 10 songs/set - sometimes I'll play the most complicated/fastest song first to get the jitters under control - or the songs I know best and have performed numerous times.  New to me is singing so this is something that I am still a bit aprehensive to do live.

The largest performance I have ever played @ was infront of about 5,000 people and we were opening for a band by the name of "Blue County", and that 1st song i was so pumped w/ adrenaline, i bet you i would have been able to fly... but by the time the first bra came flying towards us = the show was on...

Have fun, and best of all, share your musical feelings with the audience.

guitarron

Bravo T
You survived it- I used to have stage fright-it was absolutely gripping
The spandex would be a nice added touch-don't forget the platform shoes

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

I thought it was a very good performance Tharek, and I acutally quite liked the moments where you forgot the words, it was quite charming!

You will only improve, and if you are this good at a first attempt then i hate to think how brilliant you are going to be after a few more of these once you gain in confidence.

Playing  guitar live is a nerve racking experience and singing as well just compounds that, but I though you playing was great and your voice sounded really smooth.

I have to date, only played live on my own and just playing instrumental guitar, and the first time I was sat down with the guitar, and my leg was shaking so much that it was a wonder that the guitar remained still enough for me to play it!!

We (Tangled Wires) were thinking of playing an open mic night ourselves at some point in the near future, and if we sound half as good as you when we do, I will be made up!!

Well done!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

T - That was awesome and thanks for sharing the music, your feelings and the journey with us. That was an incredibly brave thing to do and never underestimate that.

You can hear your nervousness at the beginning, but as the song goes on, you seem to be getting more comfortable and it truly does sound very good. I've seen many accomplished musicians forget words, etc. I even saw CSNY start a tune in the wrong key, stop about 8 bars in, have a conference about it, and then carry on (no pun intended) like nothing happened. It's all part of the experience.

Remember...

If you are nervous - that's good, it means you care
If you are scared - that's good, it means you are alive
If you screw up - that's good, it means the next time people will notice how much you've improved

You have planted the seed my friend. Have some fun and let it grow.

I remember my first "big" performance.

It was at my highschool. I couldn't eat for 3 days leading up to it. We got set up onstage behind the curtain. We started with "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. I started the guitar intro and when they opened that curtain, there were about 1000 screaming kids staring at me.

It was an intense experience, but we nailed it and I soon learned that if you are in a band in high school, and can imitate the popular bands of the day - the world is your oyster. It changed my life forever.

I still can't eat before I play, and I'm scared sh*tless for the first few tunes every time I play in front of a crowd (which hasn't happened for a very long time).

T- Maybe someday a kid will be playing one of your songs on a stage in a highschool and it will change his or her life forever.

Thanks again for the post, and stiring up some great memories.

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ted

10 Everybody Needs Somebody (talent show)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Vanncad on October 20, 2009, 10:45:38 AMI remember my first "big" performance.

It was at my highschool. I couldn't eat for 3 days leading up to it. We got set up onstage behind the curtain. We started with "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi. I started the guitar intro and when they opened that curtain, there were about 1000 screaming kids staring at me.

Boy, that brings back a memory:

1981.  High School talent show. 

Quote from: TedWhen the curtain began rising, I counted off the beat (way too fast), Tom hit his snare, and we were off.  I felt exhilaration unlike any I'd ever had before or since.  Maybe skydiving comes close. That rumble you hear sounded awfully good onstage. ... In the end, however, we lost the grand prize to someone lip-syncing to a sped-up disco song and dancing like an idiot. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Here is the performance, converted to digital from a low-quality cassette that sat in a box for 25 years.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

Ironically I had the jitters on my first 3 posts on here. I couldn't sleep, I probably had 150 views before I got the second post. I was nervous, scared, you name it.

I stayed up all night waiting for you GMT people to wake up and post! I would get to work, and check the thread every fifteen minutes like clock work, waiting to get at least 5 replies.

Now a live show? It isn't in my immediate future, I can't even handle an electronic show!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jim1970

Love this Post!!

I would probably have a nervous Breakdown on stage!
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Davo

A few drinks never  hurt, neither do a few jokes!  My local venue has a bar next door, so we go get drizzy as a skizzy then stagger over.  Its always fun-and the poetry is much better after you are drunk.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wiley

Oh Oskie, I have been watching this and waiting to see what would happen.  You were so fun.  You played them wonderfully. It is not all about singing and playing, It is about working with the audience. God I wish you were in our little shedd, I wish all of you  were there.This was just so romantic!! YES I said romantic. I dont' know why you were afraid. You sound great.!!