Osckilo's Live performence journey..........

Started by OsCKilO, October 19, 2009, 06:06:34 PM

Bluesberry

Go T-man Go, you are an inspiration to me with this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

I learned that You don't need to sing at the top of you voice with this one...

The mic does all the work.....

Just need to keep cool and remember your lyrics!!!! LOl!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

Got off to a rough start, but a good recovery.

Your lessons learned were spot on.

I used to have a beer, a Coke, and piss before I went on--in that order.

Having the lyrics in front of you is not too amateurish for an open mic performance--because nothing is too amateurish for an open mic performance.

Thanks for sharing.  I'll try to remember to record my next open-mic performance.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

I needed a Piss!!!

LOL!!!!!!

Now I have gone this far without a sheet , I'm gonna try and stay without it......

Seems to be the "Edge" at the nights....

Plus it is an excuse to F*ck up a bit more....

Night number two next monday.......

LOL!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

I performed live about a month ago. If I didn't have a partner on stage with me it would have been unbearable. I'm not Giered (geared) for it. I didn't even look at the crowd. I stared at his fret hand, because I could not hear myself in the monitor. Good thing everyone else was drunk, and I wish I were too.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Isn't it amazing how nervous we can get when playing in front of an audience? And it's incredible the effect that your nerves can have on your body. Despite this, I think you did really well. The recording turned out good, and the audience seemed to enjoy it.

The number of times I've played in front of an audience I could probably count on one hand. But one thing I learned is that, when you make a mistake you have to keep going, even if it means improvising for a bit until you get back on track. If you stop after each mistake, you just draw the audience's attention to something that they probably wouldn't have noticed anyway. One time, I was playing at a junior high school dance with my band. I started playing the guitar intro to "Stairway to Heaven" and suddenly realised that I was lost. So I went straight into a sort of Ritchie Blackmore style improvisation for a bar or two then back to the Stairway intro for another try. Buggered it up again and went into some more improvisation. Did this three or four times, then finally remembered how Stairway went and did it right. Unfortunately, just before I got it right, our drummer said into his microphone "Come on guy!!!", making it obvious that I was having trouble. If he hadn't opened his big mouth, I'm sure that most of the audience would have thought that was just the way we played it. This was in the seventies and half the kids in the audience had probably never heard the song. I could have strangled our drummer!

Then there was the time I was taking piano lessons (in my twenties) and my teacher wanted each of his students to perform a song in front of the rest of the students. I didn't want to do it but he insisted. So, we all gathered in this church and took turns performing. I played a jazzed-up version of Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of My Life". As soon as I started, my right foot started shaking in an uncontrollable spasm and I could not operate the piano's pedals. So I had to struggle through the song as best I could without any pedal work. It was one of the most terrifying experiences I can remember in my life! My foot had never done that before, nor since. And I couldn't make it do that if I tried. It was a completely involuntary spasm brought on by nerves. Like I said above, it's incredible the effect that your nerves can have on your body.

Hang in there, Tharek. I'm sure your next live performance will go much better. And before long, you'll feel more relaxed in front of an audience.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

That was great, T!! You are off to a wonderful start. And I also see that you had lots of fun as well, which is the most important thing! You are the kind of guy that knows how to win a crowd, bro, so get back on the horse and ride!

Meanwhile I'll get back to my 20 bit two channel audience...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!111

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Diego Ayala

T that is awesome!  I tell you that it does not matter how many times I have played live, I am always with a bad case of the butterflies - and the first 5 minutes is when I have to get use to the adrenaline jolt => so I will usualy play something to warm up - 1 to 2 warm up songs!  I love the "live" feeling, and funny, most times that I know I have made a blunder - not very many people know about it - and as long as you can keep the momentum going then people may think - man, that was cool!

It has been easier for me to play with a band, but totaly enjoy playing solo.  Need to keep tapping into Jim H for more lyrics to my songs --- it seems people enjoy music more with words than just instrumentals...

Way to go, and enjoy the adrenaline jolt, and have fun!  There are times I cannot sleep after a performance!

Take care!!!!

OsCKilO

THANKS MARK!

Where have you been!!!!! Lol!

First time I've felt nerves in around 8 years!!!!!

It is a rush!!!  And a strange feeling...... :P

Makes you feel Human!

I wanna put myself through it again to see if I react the same!

Been wondering why I was stunned at points.....

I think I have to get out of MBR/recording mode ....

The first "mess up" I hear and I think.... "Hold on.... Stop there"....

Lol!

I'm Gonna Post Less recordings for a while, and live on this thread....

Posting Practice and Live Performances Only (Collabs Excluded... will go on main board ;D)......

I Will get this right......!

When I do...... I'm Back on the Main Board.........

Resolve:-

A state of mind, created by exposure to failure... Or the application of careful planning  coupled with vicarious living.....

Think thats right....Lol! ;D

Diego.....! Thanks bro!

There was a trio on after me.....

I think I will get Terry an Kai upfor the next one!

But solo is addictive!!!!!

I want to get it right!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Alright mr T !!!!  Great job - you've got a cast iron set to pick such serious songs to do on your first open mic - wow !!!  Great job - stick with it man - this is fun stuff and what music is for - live audience - so cool man - can't wait to hear more!!!  Go T Go !!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)