Micro BR totally sucks as a live recorder

Started by powerbill, October 18, 2009, 02:31:21 PM

OsCKilO

I Only ever use the 128MB card.....

Don't worry......

You can Put a Line out of the MBR with a mastering effect on, and record what you had into a DAW (Audacity works fine....)...... 

As a Live recording tool, The MBR is Great !!!  Under £200 and It does the Lot!!!

I use a Line in from the mixing desk and get around 2hrs from the 128meg card...

Or use the Sony condensor mic and get the same!!!!!

It Won't master the Recording into an MP3 because of the Lack of space........ But even after an analogue transfere into the DAW, the Quality is still good...

Here is a Live recording (Soundtrack with MBR)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CCyqSaFLLU
Please excuse the performance..... But you get an Idea of the sound quality you can get with the MBR Using the process I describe...

I only trust the SD card that came with the machine....

Welcome to The Forum Bro!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear your stuff!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sprocket

Quote from: SdC on October 19, 2009, 10:49:28 AMSo indeed you always need extra space on the memory card to do stuff; that's the downside. And these days, well, 1GB is a bit of a low ceiling (let alone the supplied 128MB).

I made that exact mistake in the beginning, using the 128mb card and thinking it was a 1GB...I packed full with one small 40 min set. I was not as annoyed as the OP, but I did feel helpless there for awhile.

Just plug your BR with the USB, throw the file on your computer and then get a 1GB card and load it on that...youll have plenty of room to do your thing. Enough to record a 6 hour set.

Quote from: osckilo on December 20, 2009, 04:38:34 AMI Only ever use the 128MB card.....

I only trust the SD card that came with the machine....

You gotta get past this man, thats like writing the lyrics to Stairway to Heaven on a postage stamp.

StevieM

Hey T, thanks for posting that, I haven't seen it before!! Where can I download it? Love it.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

OsCKilO

Quote from: StevieM on December 21, 2009, 01:09:42 PMHey T, thanks for posting that, I haven't seen it before!! Where can I download it? Love it.

Not sure Bro....

There is one on the Facebook I think.....

Quote from: Sprocket on December 21, 2009, 12:30:33 PMYou gotta get past this man, thats like writing the lyrics to Stairway to Heaven on a postage stamp.

True......

Just had some unreliable SD cards mess up on me before Half way through a song.....

Left an Impression....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy