Hi from Groundy (better late than never)

Started by Groundy, October 16, 2009, 11:52:11 PM

Groundy

Its a bit late but hi to everyone, I am originally from Liverpool now living in Scotland I have been playing Pubs and clubs for about 49 years, My first booking being a little Pub in Liverpool when I was 14 every Saturday night for a year, I think I got £5 a night, I am 63 now still  playing but tiring fast,Its a great honour to be part of such a talented group its like an extended family, as I have said before the only thing I have never considered is writing my own material but after some good advice from friends on the forum I will shortly have a go, ( I think its laziness) , Thanks to everyone for your encouragement.    Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

Hi and welcome from Norway Alex!!!

You have a great voice !

Keep on posting ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

fenderbender

hi groundy (Alex)
smiling here as i hit the keyboard -that must be some accent -liverpudlian with a scottish ring at the end -

that £5er on a saturday night -I bet meant more to you than any gig money you've been payed since  8) 8)
QuoteI am 63 now still  playing but tiring fast,/quote]
know how you feel beat you tho' got me bus pass this week  8) 8)
this forum brings new life and new Ideas alive -
keep on rockin'
tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

Hi Tommy, you get your bus pass at 60 in Scotland and free prescriptions. must agree great forum, great people.   Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Great to meet you Alex and listen to your music.  Great stuff, keep the songs coming.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Oh Groundy,  You are so welcome.  Glad to have you here. It is great getting more involved.  You are a man after some of my inbox taste. LOL

launched

Glad to have you here, Alex! It's great to hear music from an accomplished and skilled musician - Just listened to the Ghost Riders song, very good!!

Peace and a belated welcome!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

glad to see another scot on the forum, liverpudlians count as scots in my eyes. im in clydebank so hi from the west coast
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

corryhully

hi groudy
greeting from a fellow liverpudlian. ;D