Help! I am trapped in Disneyland......

Started by Ferryman, October 16, 2009, 09:48:47 AM

Ferryman

The hole = solitary, right? That's what I believe they called it in The Great Escape?

Thanks for the words of sympathy all. I am dreading breakfast tomorrow - the "characters" will be there and I think they take a perverse delight in trying to embarrass the businessmen that are obviously without family. Urgh. Definitely feel like Jim in the "I don't give a Donald"!!! Love it. Agit country rock!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Believe it or not, my wife and I actually got stuck in the "It's a Small World " ride with that damn song going full blast.

Luckily, our little boat was close to the exit ramp. There was some dude stuck inside the exhibit screaming for them to shut the music off.

I think we sat there for about 15 minutes (but it felt like and hour), before they got the ride going again.

I think about that day everytime I hear that damn song.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Wiley

LOL Disney land is to far away for me.!!  LOL Satch 24 hours in any hole would be terrifying.  But it sounds like your hole isn't quite as deep.   It always looks better in the morning.

Ferryman

Quote from: Vanncad on October 16, 2009, 07:07:30 PMBelieve it or not, my wife and I actually got stuck in the "It's a Small World " ride with that damn song going full blast.

Luckily, our little boat was close to the exit ramp. There was some dude stuck inside the exhibit screaming for them to shut the music off.

I think we sat there for about 15 minutes (but it felt like and hour), before they got the ride going again.

I think about that day everytime I hear that damn song.

Hysterical! Now that is worse than the hole, surely.........

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

How did you escape? Is the actor who was inside the Pluto costume bound and gagged in a service corridor somewhere? Or did you dive inside a giant dirty linen basket? There must be a story...lol

Ferryman

I fled with the rest of the business types at the end of the conference. Business people and families on holiday really don't mix. But I am out if there now and currently in a hotel in Cannes for another conference. I don't mind being in Cannes, I can tell you.......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

You lucky so-and-so!!!! That really is a nice part of the world. And the weather has been as miserable as sin here today.

Davo

Are you at Disney WORLD, or Disney LAND? If you are in so cal-im a 30 minute drive away!  

We can get wasted at the House of Blues or Dancing waters.

Lemme know-I love Brits, and musicians, and the folks on this forum!

EDIT-sigh. I see this is an old posting.  How are French women?  Are they overhyped?

I suspect Id like a woman from any country who was sincere and passionate.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

Hi Davo, it was Disneyworld Orlando. I was using Disneyland for artistic licence! Both as odious as each other I suspect.

French women are not overhyped, especially in Cannes. Some truly beautiful women (and men!) in this part of the world. I feel like the old, pasty and somewhat flabby guy I actually am here....... But I can think of worse places to be (like Disney!!!).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR