Release Date Set for My Debut Album!

Started by Bosko Schwartz, October 15, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Pine

Thanks Geir...that was a really kind and supportive gesture on your part. I really appreciate it my friend. You rock!  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bosko Schwartz

Diego, Dave (BB), Blooby, Mike, Joe, and Geir,

YOU ROCK

for helping support my dream!!!

THANK YOU!!!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bluesberry

Well the reviews are starting to pour in world wide.  I have given this a good listen and I must say Boscko, what an album.  This is really good stuff.  The production is so good, crystal clear, I can hear everything.  The dude did a good job with the mastering.  For me the centerpiece song is Darkening Skies, holy crap man that is an epic and wonderful song.  Its new to me as it wasn't posted on here before and it really is special.  I thought it was 8 minutes long, there is so much to digest with this song, I was surprised to see that it is under 5 minutes.  This is very good stuff Boscko, which stands up very well with favorite albums of mine from my entire collection, you rock man!!!!  I am really impressed with this album.  Folks, do yourself a favor, go get this album before it is too late and they are all sold out.  It is going to get heavy rotation from me for the next while.  One of the best albums I have heard this year, no kidding, this sh*t is for real.  Great job Boscko-man.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hooper

I got mine today!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Can't complain about the service from CD Baby, it got here pretty fast.

I savored the first listening after work today while flopping back in the recliner with the headphones.  The familiar songs sound so much better than the mp3's (of course) and it's a treat to hear it all now in context of the album.  This is gonna get lots of plays and John, I'll be sure and put up a review at CD Baby.  This is a gem!   ;)

Hooper
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

yippee i got my cds 5 minutes ago, big thanks for mentioning jemima's kite on the sleevenote, is blasting out the hifi right now and it's bloody awesome. i am bouncing about like a kid with a new toy. the cd packaging is very very cool, money well spent and i hope it returns a good profit for you. i will pass one of my copies on to tommy cunningham the drummer from wet wet wet as he still has contacts in the music industry, so maybe he can get it to someone that can make things happen for you.

wishing you all the best john.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Thank you for the wonderful music John & Charlie !!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Diego Ayala

Epa John!!!  Just got back from flying all over Alaska to find my cd in the mail box!!!  Like early Christmas!  Abrazos!

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 14, 2009, 12:38:20 PMWell the reviews are starting to pour in world wide.  I have given this a good listen and I must say Boscko, what an album.  This is really good stuff.  The production is so good, crystal clear, I can hear everything.  The dude did a good job with the mastering.  For me the centerpiece song is Darkening Skies, holy crap man that is an epic and wonderful song.  Its new to me as it wasn't posted on here before and it really is special.  I thought it was 8 minutes long, there is so much to digest with this song, I was surprised to see that it is under 5 minutes.  This is very good stuff Boscko, which stands up very well with favorite albums of mine from my entire collection, you rock man!!!!  I am really impressed with this album.  Folks, do yourself a favor, go get this album before it is too late and they are all sold out.  It is going to get heavy rotation from me for the next while.  One of the best albums I have heard this year, no kidding, this sh*t is for real.  Great job Boscko-man.

Thank you so much, Dave!  I agree, Jim did a fantastic job mastering it.  I have heard others say they like "Darkening Skies" as well, so that is very cool to hear.  I never really thought of it as "epic," but I thank you for the kind words!  I wish I could see your review on iTunes Canada, but for whatever reason, I can't even find the album there.  Glad you found it though!  Thanks again for your support! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: cuthbert on November 14, 2009, 01:38:59 PMJust got my CD...yippeee!!!  :)

Thanks, Joe, I hope you enjoy it!

Quote from: hooper on November 16, 2009, 06:20:35 PMI got mine today!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Can't complain about the service from CD Baby, it got here pretty fast.

I savored the first listening after work today while flopping back in the recliner with the headphones.  The familiar songs sound so much better than the mp3's (of course) and it's a treat to hear it all now in context of the album.  This is gonna get lots of plays and John, I'll be sure and put up a review at CD Baby.  This is a gem!   ;)

Hooper

Thanks for your support, Ken!  I am so glad you dig it!  Now I need you to release a CD so I can hear your incredible production the way it was meant to be heard.  I can only imagine how crisp, clean, and perfect it will sound!  Thanks in advance for the review! ;D

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 18, 2009, 05:23:32 AMyippee i got my cds 5 minutes ago, big thanks for mentioning jemima's kite on the sleevenote, is blasting out the hifi right now and it's bloody awesome. i am bouncing about like a kid with a new toy. the cd packaging is very very cool, money well spent and i hope it returns a good profit for you. i will pass one of my copies on to tommy cunningham the drummer from wet wet wet as he still has contacts in the music industry, so maybe he can get it to someone that can make things happen for you.

wishing you all the best john.

Thanks so much for the kind words and the well wishes, Jim.  As I said before, Jemima's Kite has been a huge source of inspiration for me and the three of you individually have been extremely supportive from the very first day I joined this forum and started posting.  Thank you for the JK CDs; I will throw them on my iPod ASAP and will be listening to them over and over again! ;D

Quote from: Geir on November 19, 2009, 06:00:16 PMThank you for the wonderful music John & Charlie !!!

Thanks, Geir!  You didn't have to take a snapshot to prove you bought it -- I believe you!  But it's still cool to see P-Dog and me right next to each other! ;D

Quote from: Diego Ayala on November 20, 2009, 11:58:59 PMEpa John!!!  Just got back from flying all over Alaska to find my cd in the mail box!!!  Like early Christmas!  Abrazos!

Muchas gracias, Diego!  Yo espero que te gusta mucho! ;D  Perdon mi espanol mal! :o
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels