Release Date Set for My Debut Album!

Started by Bosko Schwartz, October 15, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Pine

Hi Bosko...well, some good news i think. It looks as if they really did hire more staff at CDBABY and they are slowly getting their act together. They fixed my friends mess and i got an email today saying that my album Stray should be posted in 5-7 days.  I'm marking this date on my calendar  :D
Availability on iTunes took quite awhile last time, hopefully by Christmas though. Did you get confirmation that they recieved your CD's yet?

As for finding a better place, there isn't one. They are the only real "show in town" that handles physical CD's...and i think alot of folks that will like your music will want one. I still love to listen to an album from start to finish. There is a feeling there that you can never get from an individual song.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Tony W

This is going to be the first CD I've ever purchased myself. Strange thought isn't it? I have not bought music since tapes wow. I even bought a few 8 tracks.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on October 19, 2009, 03:04:29 PMCould have sworn I commented on this... hmmm

This is great news! I'll ordering mine as soon as it's available for sure!

I know you've only given us a "taste" of what's on the album, and I am SO looking forward to hearing the whole thing from start to finish.

Great job on getting it done. And I hope it does well. You deserve it for all the hard work you put into it. :)

Thanks, Saijinn!  I really appreciate the support. :)  Please let us all know when your album is ready, and let me know if you want to go with the guy who mastered my album.  He did a pretty good job, after all was said and done.

Quote from: Pinedog on October 19, 2009, 03:08:20 PMHi Bosko...well, some good news i think. It looks as if they really did hire more staff at CDBABY and they are slowly getting their act together. They fixed my friends mess and i got an email today saying that my album Stray should be posted in 5-7 days.  I'm marking this date on my calendar  :D
Availability on iTunes took quite awhile last time, hopefully by Christmas though. Did you get confirmation that they recieved your CD's yet?

As for finding a better place, there isn't one. They are the only real "show in town" that handles physical CD's...and i think alot of folks that will like your music will want one. I still love to listen to an album from start to finish. There is a feeling there that you can never get from an individual song.

That is good news, P-Dog!  Let's hope they don't screw this thing up!  Still waiting for confirmation that they received my CDs ...

As for iTunes, it takes 4 - 6 weeks, and I posted through TuneCore with plenty of time to make the release date, as long as it doesn't take more than 6 weeks.

Quote from: Tony W on October 19, 2009, 04:58:56 PMThis is going to be the first CD I've ever purchased myself. Strange thought isn't it? I have not bought music since tapes wow. I even bought a few 8 tracks.

Wow, Tony, that is crazy, but I am absolutely honoured to be your first-ever CD purchase.  THANK YOU! ;D  Perhaps I should have released this on cassette? ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

So it looks like official pre-ordering on CD Baby will not be possible after all. :-\  I will let everyone know when the album is available on CD Baby for certain, and will include a direct link.

The only thing is that CD Baby only asks new artists for 5 CDs to start with.  Judging from the responses I've gotten, more than 5 of you will be purchasing the album, so I will need to send more than 5 to ensure faster delivery to whoever is buying.

There are no contracts here (;)), but I am going to send enough CDs to cover at least everyone who said they are going to buy one in this thread.  So this will be an "unofficial pre-sale sign-up." ;D

And if you change your mind and decide not to buy after posting that you would, I will be sending a large Sicilian gentleman to your home that goes by the name of "Joey the Meat Cleaver" to "persuade" you to purchase. ;D

Oldrottenhead

could we not buy direct from you via paypal or such
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I am in for sure Bosco, I may even get a couple as christmas presents for my more musically astute friends and family. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

Congrats  Bosko,

Looking forward to your CD!!

Jim from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 21, 2009, 09:30:53 AMcould we not buy direct from you via paypal or such

See PM.

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 21, 2009, 09:55:43 AMI am in for sure Bosco, I may even get a couple as christmas presents for my more musically astute friends and family. 

Thanks, Bluesberry!  You are usually one of the first to comment on my songs, and always give some of the most in-depth reviews.  All of the amazing and undeserved compliments you have given me has boosted my confidence to levels I never thought possible.  You have been a huge pillar of support, and I appreciate it greatly.  To boot, you are a stellar musician, songwriter, and producer, and I am envious of your talents!

Quote from: Jim1970 on October 21, 2009, 10:44:15 AMCongrats  Bosko,

Looking forward to your CD!!

Jim from Jersey

Thanks, Jim!  Your comments and continued support have meant a lot to me! :)

Quote from: cuthbert on October 21, 2009, 12:03:29 PMHey, Joey's one of my cousins!  :D

The Meat Cleaver told me about a cousin they like to call "Joey Cutthroat."  Cuthbert ... Cutthroat ... maybe it's not such a weird coincidence ...

Vanncad

Congrats Bosko!

That is really awesome to see someone from this site putting their music out there for the masses like you are doing.

I hope you have a lot of success and I will look forward to getting a copy as well.

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover