Release Date Set for My Debut Album!

Started by Bosko Schwartz, October 15, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Wiley

Good luck, And am going to get a copy too!  sounds like your on your way.
P.J.

Oldrottenhead

just a thought you could sell directly on ebay, then no one apart from ebay has to share your profit. i'm sure if you are selling a cd on cdbaby for about £10 you would be lucky to see £1 back for your hard work, then you probably cant get at it till there is at least £100 in your account, whereas with ebay it would be the other way around,  just an idea but i would deffo buy one that way.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Great news John, just keep us posted whatever happens. I think I would like a CD version, s o do let us know where we can find it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Fantastic news.  Congrats. 

I look forward to poppiing it my player, Guinness in hand, and letting the music wash over me.

Peace.

Blooby

Flash Harry

Bloody fantastic news!  I can't wait to get my sticky little mitts on a copy! Well done Bosko! And well done John for keeping a lid on your sanity! 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

cuthbert

Congratulations, Bosko!

CD for me (I'm old-school). I eagerly await Nov 10...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThis is even one I'd like on vinyl Smiley
yeah with a gatefold sleeve
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: osckilo on October 15, 2009, 08:49:36 PMWell Done J!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Tharek!  You have been a huge source of inspiration and support! :)  Like I said, you can buy the physical CD on CD Baby, and digitally on iTunes and other sites.  I am trying to set up a way to pre-order it through CD Baby.  I will keep you posted!

Quote from: Satchwood on October 15, 2009, 10:14:36 PMExcellent !!!....!!!!!

Thanks, Satch, always appreciated! ;D

Quote from: hooper on October 16, 2009, 04:56:18 AMI'll be ordering one for myself and probably a couple of Christmas presents.  ;)
I'm looking forward to this.  ;D

Thanks, Hooper!  As you know, I have the utmost respect for you as a producer and musician. :o  Compliments from you are always welcome! ;D  I know you have been listening to bits and pieces of the album, and I think (I hope, anyway) that you will enjoy what aspires to be a cohesive experience, when listening to the entire album from cover to cover.

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 16, 2009, 05:26:33 AMmind and put up the link for cd baby cos i want a hard copy.

Thanks, Jim!  You're one of the best lyricists and vocalists I've ever "met," and you have no idea how much it has meant to me when you've taken a moment to write even the shortest little comment on my stuff. ;D  (And the more drunk the ORH, the better the compliment! ;D)

Quote from: Pinedog on October 16, 2009, 06:34:18 AMHi Bosko..
   I hope you have been reading the forums at CDBABY and are aware of all the ongoing issues there. My new CD was sent in a couple weeks ago and is still not posted. I have other friends that had song orders messed up and if you are doing digital downloads there, be patient...it'll be months before you ever see a thing. The setup there worked so well when Derek Sivers owned it (founder) but since he sold it to Discmakers, they have re-written the codes and there are alot of bugs to be worked out. There are MANY disappointed and downright angry folks in the forums...but they say they have hired alot of new staff to deal with the issues and are working hard to correct the problems. Phone calls and emails often go unanswered so be patient but persistent. I did get an email today saying that my barcode was issued so at least i know they have my cd's and are "processing" them. My first CD has been there since 2005 and continues to generate digital downloads...which amazes me. If sales continue at the pace they are at, by 2020 i may even break even... :D Not trying to rain on your parade man...i hope you sell many...but the reality of cd sales ain't pretty. My friend owns a smalltown independent music store. I dropped in on him the other day. He told me he was selling 20-30 cd's a day "back in the day". He now sells 2-3. I'm hoping to have mine up at CDBABY in time for the holidays but at the rate they move, it'll be a close one. Best of luck Boscko..may your Christmas be a green one!

Thanks, P-Dog!  I'm sure everyone knows I'm not in it for the money.  I'm the opposite of a sell-out -- I write and record music for no one but myself.  If others happen to dig it, that's just a little bonus.  Sounds almost selfish and pretentious when I put it that way, but I hope everyone knows what I mean. :)  Anyway, thanks for the heads up on CD Baby.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a more reputable place that will handle taking orders and shipping the product.

Quote from: Geir on October 16, 2009, 06:43:11 AMCongrats John !!!!!

another step has been taken, and when available you can count on me posting an order for a CD or two !! Hope it will come in time for Christmas !!!

Best of luck !!!!!!!!!!

Will spread the word as soon as it's avalable

Thanks, Geir!  Your music is amazing and inspiring, and I always appreciate your kind words! ;D  It should definitely get there by Christmas!

Quote from: Diego Ayala on October 16, 2009, 06:57:14 AMEpa, hermano Juan!

As soon as you have the album ready let me know - as I totaly enjoy your music!

Also, would like to post a link to whichever site you'll post your music/cd, and I'll post it on my facebook wall.  Also, may not hurt to have like a youtube with one of your songs and can also post this for you => widen the audience pool!

Through the years I have had the privilage to attend live performances of non-comercial/non-mainstream musicians and have purchased cd's from them --- all of them have indicated that the best way to promote your music is via live performances, and they usualy do very well just by selling cd's via these performances...

Hasta la proxima - abrazos!!!

Thanks, Diego, mi hermano "Latingro!" ;D  Your support has meant a lot to me!  Thanks for the offers to help promote!  I have been thinking about doing an animated video for at least one of the songs to post on YouTube.  I have been talking with Erik (indierik) about this.  His time is limited, though, so if anyone else wants to take a stab, I would welcome it!  I have been toying around with the idea of playing live as well, and will probably start doing that soon.

Quote from: launched on October 16, 2009, 08:07:47 AMFantastic!!! I'm excited for you, and hope the best things will happen on release day - I look foward to being able to purchase CD media from you - I don't do that much anymore. Perusing through liner notes is one of the coolest things to do!

Catch you later,

Mark

Thanks, Mark!  Your support and encouragement has meant a lot to me!

Quote from: wiley on October 16, 2009, 08:09:00 AMGood luck, And am going to get a copy too!  sounds like your on your way.
P.J.

Thanks, P.J.!  I honestly had no idea you liked the music -- :o -- but I am elated to hear this!  You are a great presence on the forum and a source of inspiration for all -- myself included!  You are the perfect example of what happens when someone puts time and effort into their craft to get better.  You have grown more than most musicians would in such a short time.  Thanks for the kind words! :D

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 16, 2009, 08:46:56 AMjust a thought you could sell directly on ebay, then no one apart from ebay has to share your profit. i'm sure if you are selling a cd on cdbaby for about £10 you would be lucky to see £1 back for your hard work, then you probably cant get at it till there is at least £100 in your account, whereas with ebay it would be the other way around,  just an idea but i would deffo buy one that way.

Good thought, but I am lazy and it's worth the 4 bucks CD Baby takes to not have to worry about packaging and shipping each CD myself. ;D  I don't expect to get rich on this thing.  Not yet, anyway. ;D

Quote from: Ferryman on October 16, 2009, 09:40:39 AMGreat news John, just keep us posted whatever happens. I think I would like a CD version, s o do let us know where we can find it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel!  You, sir, are a legend and all of your words have helped me greatly.  Thanks for everything! ;D

Quote from: Blooby on October 16, 2009, 01:00:55 PMFantastic news.  Congrats. 

I look forward to poppiing it my player, Guinness in hand, and letting the music wash over me.

Peace.

Blooby

Thanks, Bloob!  I think you know how much respect I have for you as a musician, so I am always humbled by your kind words.  If I could join you with a Guinness, I certainly would.  Did I ever tell you I originally hail from Florida?

Quote from: Flash Harry on October 18, 2009, 10:21:54 AMBloody fantastic news!  I can't wait to get my sticky little mitts on a copy! Well done Bosko! And well done John for keeping a lid on your sanity! 

Thanks, Mike! ;D  You are a gentleman and a wordsmith.  You're a genius in the art of brevity.  You say so much with so few words.  There is no greater compliment than to see the words, "Fucking Ace!" from Flash Harry.  Also, your melodic bass playing is extremely inspiring and always pushes me to try and make my basslines interesting.

Quote from: cuthbert on October 18, 2009, 10:31:05 AMCongratulations, Bosko!

CD for me (I'm old-school). I eagerly await Nov 10...

Thanks, cuthbert!  You have excellent taste in music, which means it's a great compliment that you dig mine! ;D

Quote from: Geir on October 18, 2009, 12:09:26 PMThis is even one I'd like on vinyl :)

I definitely looked into this, but it's a little too expensive at this point.  It would have to be a double-album because it's so long.  And it would have just been too pricey.  But one day, I would love to see it on vinyl as well.

Thanks again, everyone!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Saijinn Maas

Could have sworn I commented on this... hmmm

This is great news! I'll ordering mine as soon as it's available for sure!

I know you've only given us a "taste" of what's on the album, and I am SO looking forward to hearing the whole thing from start to finish.

Great job on getting it done. And I hope it does well. You deserve it for all the hard work you put into it. :)