Release Date Set for My Debut Album!

Started by Bosko Schwartz, October 15, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Hello All,

First, let me thoroughly apologize for being so scarce on the Forum lately. :-\  It has been extremely difficult to curb my addiction to this site, but I didn't do it for health reasons. ;D  I have only been absent because the damned day-job has been ridiculous lately.  That, spending time with family, and working on preparations for my album release have drained pretty much all of my free time.  To say I have missed you would be the understatement of the year.

The good news is that my release date is now official for Death of the Sun:

November 10, 2009

EDIT: Here are the links:

CD on CD Baby:

The Stan Laurels on CD Baby

Digital Album on iTunes:

The Stan Laurels on iTunes

Please forgive the big hullabaloo, and I hope you don't think I am making too big a fuss.  It's just that this is pretty exciting for me, given the fact that I have been working on this album for over 3 years straight.  There were times I didn't think it would ever really get finished.  I know that Greeny releases an album like every 2 hours, but there is only one Tim Green, and I am not nearly as prolific or quick. ;D

Anyway, it will be available in both physical CD and digital.  I recommend CD, as I put a lot of time into the artwork and design.

Not to blow the surprise or anything, but I thanked everyone here in the Forum -- some individually, and all of you collectively -- in the liner notes of the album.  Your support and encouragement has meant more to me than I can possibly express.

I know that word-of-mouth can be a great source of promotion, and I am hoping that if you dig the music you will let people know about it.  It's a 1-in-a-billion long shot, but I am having a go at trying to make a living at this thing, and would appreciate any and all help.

I have to go out of town for the weekend, but I will return early next week and will try to ease myself back into the beloved Forum.

I will leave you with this quote, which is what Paul Reubens (a.k.a. Pee-Wee Herman, a.k.a. a really weird pervert who was once caught masturbating publicly) had to say about The Stan Laurels and Death of the Sun:

"The universe's rockiest roller coaster has ridden at the speed of sound through kaleidoscopic rainbows in the X-Quad-9 Galaxy for seven eternities. On that roller coaster, you will find a smattering of Sasquatch, ring-tailed lemurs, Horatio Spatula (the inventor of the almighty spatula), a couple of Gryphons, David Hasselhoff, and at least one being from the planet Retardiculous, all making sweet love to each other.  The younglings that hatch from this pungent love-fest are the songs of The Stan Laurels."

www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

hooper

I'll be ordering one for myself and probably a couple of Christmas presents.  ;)
I'm looking forward to this.  ;D
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

mind and put up the link for cd baby cos i want a hard copy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pine

Hi Bosko..
   I hope you have been reading the forums at CDBABY and are aware of all the ongoing issues there. My new CD was sent in a couple weeks ago and is still not posted. I have other friends that had song orders messed up and if you are doing digital downloads there, be patient...it'll be months before you ever see a thing. The setup there worked so well when Derek Sivers owned it (founder) but since he sold it to Discmakers, they have re-written the codes and there are alot of bugs to be worked out. There are MANY disappointed and downright angry folks in the forums...but they say they have hired alot of new staff to deal with the issues and are working hard to correct the problems. Phone calls and emails often go unanswered so be patient but persistent. I did get an email today saying that my barcode was issued so at least i know they have my cd's and are "processing" them. My first CD has been there since 2005 and continues to generate digital downloads...which amazes me. If sales continue at the pace they are at, by 2020 i may even break even... :D Not trying to rain on your parade man...i hope you sell many...but the reality of cd sales ain't pretty. My friend owns a smalltown independent music store. I dropped in on him the other day. He told me he was selling 20-30 cd's a day "back in the day". He now sells 2-3. I'm hoping to have mine up at CDBABY in time for the holidays but at the rate they move, it'll be a close one. Best of luck Boscko..may your Christmas be a green one!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Geir

Congrats John !!!!!

another step has been taken, and when available you can count on me posting an order for a CD or two !! Hope it will come in time for Christmas !!!

Best of luck !!!!!!!!!!

Will spread the word as soon as it's avalable
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Diego Ayala

Epa, hermano Juan!

As soon as you have the album ready let me know - as I totaly enjoy your music!

Also, would like to post a link to whichever site you'll post your music/cd, and I'll post it on my facebook wall.  Also, may not hurt to have like a youtube with one of your songs and can also post this for you => widen the audience pool!

Through the years I have had the privilage to attend live performances of non-comercial/non-mainstream musicians and have purchased cd's from them --- all of them have indicated that the best way to promote your music is via live performances, and they usualy do very well just by selling cd's via these performances...

Hasta la proxima - abrazos!!!

launched

Fantastic!!! I'm excited for you, and hope the best things will happen on release day - I look foward to being able to purchase CD media from you - I don't do that much anymore. Perusing through liner notes is one of the coolest things to do!

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover