Story of the blues Challenge

Started by Wiley, October 12, 2009, 02:41:14 PM

Wiley

Story 3 Squished
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok guys I saw the you tube of Gary Moore doing this song and I was just so inspired.  I searched and found an awesome backing track for it.  I was going to do it and then post it.  Still am!,  But I thought wow it would be neat to hear all you great guitar players and how you would do this song.!!  So I did the singing.  And am waiting to hear your takes on this great backer. 48 had to squish it as it was over 6 minutes long. You guys have at least 3 minutes of soloing at the end.  Have fun and can't wait to hear your takes.  I am going to post mine right away as I know I would chicken out if I heard yours first. LOL
P.J.

Bluesberry

Holy sh#$@t PJ, this is incredible.  I've got goosebumps over here, what a vocal.  I would be honored to play along with this, just beautiful.  You have a wonderful blues voice.  Thank you for putting this up, I can't wait to hear all the versions, including yours.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Thanks PJ for giving us an opportunity to accompany you on this truly Epic Blues

Tony W

I got so excited I downloaded this 2 days in a row. PJ, You did an incredible job here!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

You are 2 funny Tony.  And anyone that has fun with this I'm glad I did it.  Trying to think of another smash.  And If anyone want to do there own singing just holler and I'll send the blank backer.
P.J.

Justin_Case

Unbelievable - fantastic.

Quote from: wiley on October 14, 2009, 04:29:19 PMYou are 2 funny Tony.  And anyone that has fun with this I'm glad I did it.  Trying to think of another smash.  And If anyone want to do there own singing just holler and I'll send the blank backer.
P.J.

... But my singing sounds like hollering!   But I would love an unsquished version - perhaps Box.net???

I glad you picked this Gary Moore song and not this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weez3cvmdQU