"CKC" by Todd Bishop

Started by Victim5150, October 08, 2009, 12:15:49 PM

Victim5150

03 CKC
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This was my first go with the MICRO BR. I had just purchased the unit and a week or so later a very dear friend passed away to cancer. This melody was going around in my head so it became my first project on the BR.
The result is called CKC- Charles Kenneth Colby. It's very special to me and I hope you enjoy it.

Todd
Guitars: Ibanez 7-strings(1 Prestige & 3 RG series) Kramer 5150 Replica, ESP/LTD George Lynch Tiger Stripe. Stereo setup with G-System, EVH 5150 III Half Stack(Ivory Tolex), Peavey 5150 Half Stack(Block Lettering) XDS-X2 Wireless, Crybaby 95Q Wah, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Ernie Ball expression pedal

SE

Great guitars all round really well played a fitting tirbute to your friend.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

If this was your first recording on the MBR, then the sky is the limit!!!

Great playing, and lovely harmonies.

Love it !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

This is great - brilliant lead and smooth flowing harmonies.

A fitting tribute indeed.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

tafka

wow Todd what an awesome piece and yes a very fitting tribute in deed

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Gritter

That's some tight shite...very kick-ass. Excellent first post!

Satchwood

Great guitar work - very nice tribute !!!  Reminds me a bit of Tony MacAlpine's tone!!!

Did you record the dual lead or use a pitch transposer or some other effect?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

awesome first post and a fitting tribute to your friend.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Victim5150

Quote from: Satchwood on October 08, 2009, 12:50:54 PMGreat guitar work - very nice tribute !!!  Reminds me a bit of Tony MacAlpine's tone!!!

Did you record the dual lead or use a pitch transposer or some other effect?

Thanks for the kind words. I recorded the dual lead part.
Guitars: Ibanez 7-strings(1 Prestige & 3 RG series) Kramer 5150 Replica, ESP/LTD George Lynch Tiger Stripe. Stereo setup with G-System, EVH 5150 III Half Stack(Ivory Tolex), Peavey 5150 Half Stack(Block Lettering) XDS-X2 Wireless, Crybaby 95Q Wah, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Ernie Ball expression pedal

Victim5150

Thanks for the kind remarks. You really know how to make a guy feel welcomed. It's been hard to find time to play with the BR lately. Between work, family and my band free time has become a scarce commodity. Hopefully this forum will inspire us all to find a little more time for ourselves and our creativity.