collabs?

Started by Glenn Mitchell, October 08, 2009, 09:40:16 AM

Glenn Mitchell

Is it my imagination or have quite a few collaborations moved onto this forum?
Or maybe is the Collab forum only for those looking for collabs rather than the results of collabs?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

OsCKilO

I think the finished product should end up on the main board.....

Collabs gets little attention, and is more of a workshop than a comments board.....

I'm easy though..... :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

That's what my reasoning was. Anybody that I've ever worked with records on an MBR, so it just seemed more natural to post the finished product in the MBR section.

I don't prefer to have anybody re-collaborating on a finished song, so I think the end result should go here really.

But I'm open to suggestions.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Glenn Mitchell

Ah, I see. I just saw that there were very few posts there and yet quite a few here were collaborations.
So this forum is for all finished products done on the MBR then?
I guess interpreted the admin as the other when he wrote in this section
"Here, you upload your finished work recorded on the Micro BR to be listened and commented by other members. If you want to post a collaboration song, post it the Collaboration board, please."
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

Quote from: launched on October 08, 2009, 09:59:23 AMThat's what my reasoning was. Anybody that I've ever worked with records on an MBR, so it just seemed more natural to post the finished product in the MBR section.

I don't think finished collabs would get any network traffic time if they were left in the collab section.

Posting in one of the main threads (MBR definitely) is the way to go to be heard.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

ive been harping on for the last year about the collaboration board being a wilderness that posts get lost in.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tafka

I see where you are coming from Glenn.
finished "collabs" stay on the Collab board. and "solo" songs/instrumentals posted on the main board. did i read that right?

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Gritter

Finished collabs should be posted here IMHO. Otherwise I would probably not hear them and I'm really enjoying hearing them and seeing their development.

Songs offered for collab should go on the collab board...it just makes sense.

This thread should be on the general discussion board.  :P

64Guitars

I understand that people prefer to post their finished collabs in the main Micro BR "Post your MP3" board because the Collaborations and other sections don't get as much attention. But it's a sort of Catch-22 situation. If nobody posts their collabs in the collabs board, then that board will never get any attention, making it pointless. I'm not sure if that would be a bad thing or a good thing. But I think that, if we want the collabs section to get some notice, then we need to post lots of great stuff there so that people will have a reason to view that board. So, instead of posting your collabs in the board that gets the most attention, maybe it would be better to leave them in the collabs board and try to direct more attention to that board.

Another thing about collabs is that they aren't always done entirely on a Micro BR. If, for example, one track was recorded on a Micro BR, another on a BR-600, and another on a BR-900, then I don't think it's right to post the finished mix in the Micro BR board. The collabs board is ideal for this because there are no child boards based on model. Collabs can be recorded on any recorders, even non-Boss models or software DAWs.

I think the idea that nobody reads the posts in Collabs might be inaccurate. I seldom read messages by browsing a specific board. Instead, I always look at my Unread Messages. By doing so, I see all unread messages, regardless of which boards they're posted in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads posts this way. For us, it doesn't matter which board you post in, we're going to see it. So maybe we should try to encourage people to view Unread Messages instead of browsing specific boards.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website