POD 2 into The Micro BR

Started by Amanti, October 07, 2009, 02:13:21 PM

Evening people,

I've just bought a Micro Br and was wondering if I am able to run my POD 2 through it to get some of the effects off that and record on My Micro BR.

Cheer's

AndyR

Should be no problem, I do it with a POD XTLive and a VOX Tonelab LE.

To get full benefit, you want a lead that takes the stereo outs from the POD and combines them down to a 1/4" stereo jack for the MBR's line in.

When you come to record, you'll find that by selecting LIN as the input, the MBR will automatically pick two tracks (stereo) to record on. If you want to record mono, just turn one track off by press the button below the rec symbol - the MBR will take both sides of the stereo from the POD and stick it as mono on one track.

Finally, I assume you'd do this anyway, but just in case you usually play your POD through a guitar amp, you want to switch the POD's output so it's using it's "AIR" output or whatever it's called - run the POD as if it's going into a mixing desk, not a guitar amplifier. (Actually, you don't have to do this, you can do what you like, but most people will think it sounds better that way :D)

Hope that helps :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on