"and you" take 2 by Damián Lértora and oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 07, 2009, 05:26:26 AM

Oldrottenhead

AND YOU - Take 2(128Kbps)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i wasn't happy with my original vox on the previous version so Damián that stubborn mule of a man and drummer inprive's band mulligan encouraged me to go on as did ferryman cheers(nigel) i'm not sure if this is the finished song, i need input as to whether i should add backing vox or leave wellalone. the original version can be heard here https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4606.0

for now here is take 2 which i had to shrink to 128kbps to fit .

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

This mix is great, the main vox is much clearer. Really close and personal, feels like you are right in front of me (slightly scary thought...). I definitely vote for backing vox on the chorus part because your voice goes a little quieter as it goes higher, and the music swells at that point so for me it wants something to build the vox as well. But it sounds great as is, lovely track - belongs in a movie soundtrack, definitely.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Once again I'm in total agreement with Nigel (wise man that Nigel ;) )

The vox are really great but get a bit too naked 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Glenn Mitchell

Nicely done. I feel the vox can still be more out front. I also agree the chorus could have harmony.
The backer is sort of "grand", dramatic and expansive while the Vox seems subtle in comparison.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

OsCKilO

Very cool !!!!!!

I Like this Mix!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds Like ORH Floating off into a devine light!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tangled Wires

Really good song this. Asolutely love the music, and as usual ORH adds a touch of class with a great vocal delivery. Would love to hear it with some backing vocals, as others have said, just to see if it lifts this song even higher!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I'm with M glenn M  I think the vox could come foreward just a tad in the mix. Too much and it would be overpowering but a little I think would be nice.  Just an opinion anyway.   But a great song. I really like it.

launched

This is a fantastic song, Jim! Not much to do here if anything at all.

I was going to comment about the background noise, thought it was pretty cool but needed to be backed off a bit - Then I realized I had a video playing in the backgroud on another window! Doh!!  ;D It was a Hell's Kitchen episode and I heard Chef Ramsay shouting in the background - Sounded pretty cool. Oh, well.

After a relisten with no distractions, I thought it was A-1!! Bravo!!

Great job to you and the crew, Jim!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

I like this !!!  drifty-dreamy music & superb vox !!!  

Pro-sounding hit !!! .....................................................
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

a new mix with backing vox is on here http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8193251 but most likely will be updated again as i experiment big thanks to geir and nigel for guidance and suggestions.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann