"and you" music by Damián Lértora vox/lyrics by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 06, 2009, 02:47:14 AM

Oldrottenhead

AND YOU (128Kbps)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is a work in progress, damian sent me this and its been through many changes, thanks to damian's stubborness and not allowing me to give up on it.

I am hoping to redo my vocals as i only see the faults, anyway here it is for now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

It's got a lot of potential but it's in a bit of a hard key for you - either singing at low register, which can get a bit lost in the mix, or at the high end which is stretching you a bit. My suggestion would be to separate the vocals - do one track with low register stuff and then perhaps double that up, even put an effect on it (perhaps chorus) so that it comes through the mix a bit more. Then do the high register stuff on a separate track so that you can a) concentrate on the pitch of the high stuff and b) mix that slightly diffferently to the low stuff (pull it back a bit relative to the low stuff). It's crying out for some harmonies over the lovely lush choruses as well. I'd be tempted to go high in the choruses and low in the verses (you go up part way through the chorus at present), but that might sound a bit obvious.

HTH - it's a lovely track and your vox sound good with it. So keep going!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

ive just redone it ,am a lot happier, but still a solo vox, is wheeling its way to argentina for a remix as we speak.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

I think Nigel said this more eloquent than I ever could!!

Lovely tune, and I'm really looking forward to the next take !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

I like the fragile feel that the Low vox gives....

Cant waity to hear the next take.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy