Beyond The Shore (Original)

Started by Bluesberry, October 04, 2009, 11:55:42 AM

SteveB

TonyW - Of course you have no need to apologize. You saw something that annoyed you and you used a legitimate right-of-reply to respond; and in the process also defended a fellow musician and his work whom you felt were being slighted. I would count these as admirable qualities of gallantry which unfortunately seem to be fast disappearing from this topsy-turvy World of ours. And I would also rather our opinions rub harshly together than to have no contact at all. You sometimes see music-buying friends purchasing their goods from completely different sections of a music store, and long may it be.
By the way, if Bluesberry ever thinks of offloading some of his incredible drive and technique, then I'll be the first in line to snatch any morsel.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Diego Ayala

I have not had much time for music or for keeping up with the posts...  And my "new replys to my posts" has been getting quite large - so thought to give it a read since woke up so early this morn (3:00 am) with 40 - 50 mile/hr winds slaping the Bering Sea silly.

I rather spend my time reading these posts than any news media any time, and to totaly enjoy all the comments.

I enjoy very much the variety of music  and styles and thoughts posted on this forum, and totaly enjoy the variety of posts that are included --- they are thought provoking and to me, personaly, is a good teaching method to learn and add to my music growth.

But, to me an artist does things out of a need to do them, and without experimentation, me personaly would not have been able to grow and compose progressions that become songs without going outside of the box, and by listening to other sounds and styles --- I love all music, in particular when I can listen to something, may that be just a small thread w/in a song that then becomes part of my own long thread and then becomes part of my music hybridization --- I have soaked sooo much music/ideas from others, that by now has mutated into my own thing.

My next step, which I am still struggling with is to go into recording and instrumentation, and that is were this foum is truly helping me out - in particular when I can hear stuff like BB's and listen to the song and how he added each layer into a musical orgasm - I had to go outside afterwards and smoke a cig with a smile on my face.....  All I need now is to find time for music and to collaborate with other great musicians in this forum.

So, let the music play - and keep the postings a'coming!!!

Bluesberry

Thats a great image Diego, going out for a smoke with a big smle.  I am glad to hear that this song inspired you.  That was my purpose in doing this, to see if I could, and to inspire myself for more like this.  Its a success on those two points.  I learned a whole lot, and it was damn fun, as you alluded to on your first post.  It was better than watching TV after work (or something equally mindless) on those two weeks that I worked on it.  Thanks.  On to the next song!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 10, 2009, 07:19:32 AMThats a great image Diego, going out for a smoke with a big smle.  I am glad to hear that this song inspired you.  That was my purpose in doing this, to see if I could, and to inspire myself for more like this.  Its a success on those two points.  I learned a whole lot, and it was damn fun, as you alluded to on your first post.  It was better than watching TV after work (or something equally mindless) on those two weeks that I worked on it.  Thanks.  On to the next song!!!

Can't wait my friend! 

I am hoping on accomplishing two musical tasks this weekend, and if the wind dies down a bit would like to squeeze a bit of fishing too!

Satchwood

Great listening ear-candy BB!!! 

So much in this song - keys/piano/synth/guitar/voice/harmonizing vox - cool drum track (man you got some serious patience) - rockin guitars - prog all the way bro!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

Dave, I just had another listen to this. I love it, dude!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks guys, Mark, the more I listen to it the more I hear the Styx vibe.  I have been listening to the classic Styx albums lately, great stuff, I guess I may be influenced by Styx after all (my faviorite band when I was 13-15).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I used to listen to Styx quite a bit myself in the younger years. You may have the infuence, but this is totally original awesome Bluesberry!!

I played some Styx myself recently. Some of the Tommy Shaw stuff like blue collar man and wanted man. It's pretty cool!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Had another listen to this .... and another  .... and another ;D .....

This is goooooooooooooooooooood !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Missed this one first time around..an amazing piece of work BB, so well put together. This song keeps you guessing where it is going next, which is where its genius lies!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR