Beyond The Shore (Original)

Started by Bluesberry, October 04, 2009, 11:55:42 AM

Bluesberry

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here is my latest song ... "Beyond The Shore".  This started from a thread about "missing Posts" and Geir suggested I go deep and find the answer, the words "Lost post" got changed to "lost soul" along the way, and 2 weeks later here it is.  Gear used: everything I can lay my hands on (BR-1200, microBR, synth, guitars, drums from BR-1200, bass is my guitar with GR-20 synth, red ales).  Thanks for having a listen.

[soundclick]<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/daveberry'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
  <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
  <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
  <param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
  <param name="loop" value="false" />
  <param name="menu" value="false" />
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
  <param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=8264011&scid=8264011&q=hi&ext=1" />
  <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
  <param name="salign" value="b" />
  <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>[/soundclick]

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

This has to be my last posting - need to get busy....

I tell you BB as I listened to this song with all the changes - I could just picture you having a blast putting this together.

"Gear used: everything I can lay my hands on"!!!  I loved all the changes, beyond the shore there are many, many wonderfull things!

Geir

WOW Dave ... did you just return from prog heaven ?

This one will get some airtime !!! One listen is far from enough !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Holy Smokes!

I didn't think I would be able to use these twice in on day!

YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

And F*ck me, your voice has improved sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SteveG

That rocky mid section caught me by surprise  ;D Nice job mate. Enjoyed all the changes.

Blooby

Quote from: SteveG on October 04, 2009, 02:07:50 PMThat rocky mid section caught me by surprise.

I'll say.  Didn't expect that.  I haven't heard a patch like that since the Queen soundtrack of Flash Gordon.

And that totally seventies section after the keyboard break kicks total ass.  You need to build a song around that!

A fun listen.

Blooby

Geir

After 5 or 6 times through, ..... still is good ... still can take a few more ;D

Great work BB !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was heading home from Maine and when I got your PM - I was thinking "Damn, I want to hear that song now!"

A great tune always grows after a few listens - You hit the nail on the head with this one!! I'm totally blown away. No shit!!

The rock section I got a great Styx feel - Without Dennis DeYoung!! I hope nobody shoots me for saying that!

Sweet vibe, tough playing and right on vocals. I love this tune!!

Several listens while typing this. You have a great style, Dave. Loaded with great music and lyrics filled with life issues.

I want to go on and on - Freakin' awesome tune!!!

Awwwwww Yeaaaaaaaah!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Truly epic, amazing that you have been able to do all this even on the 1200. So many layers and changes that it's mind boggling. It sounds Bosko-ish in a couple of places (the synthy bit before the rocky part for example) but has your own unique flavour to it. Pretty impressive keyboard parts for s keyboard newbie and great use of that synth. I know it's an overused word, but awesome! Look foward to listening on headphones later, I'm sure that will reveal more depths.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Dave there is soooooomuch in this I'm on my 4th run and I can still hear new bits
This is so complex you have come a long way...Keep em coming.....