"Chasing Sound" original - with vox by ORH

Started by Satchwood, October 02, 2009, 08:58:25 PM

Satchwood

Satchwood & ORHs_chasing sound
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was going to add some more guitar soloing (to my original "Chase" instrumental) around ORH's way-cool vox, but decided not to wreck the feeling that just the the keys & echoey guitar music portrays.  I think ORH's lyrics fit better this way!   Take a listen.....  He renamed it to:

"Chasing Sound"   music by Satchwood, vox & singing by ORH

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

No More Soloing!!!!

You will open up a portal into another dimension again......

Hold on....

Too Late.....

A Tartan Worm hole has appeared!!!

Happy Now....!?!?!

My cat  Got Sucked into there!!!!!!!!

This is awesome Guys!!!!!!

But it seems to short now for some reason.....

Leaves you wanting MORE!!!!!!!!!

Would be a great opener to a concept album....

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Yes! I did find myself being transported into a new dimension - On greater and more wonderous than our own!

Right on, guys!!

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Great collab on this really liked the synth and guitar and vox hell I like it all well done
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

The original song was brilliant and ORH's made this work also with vocals. I'm  wondering again how a few fellows are so creative to make good lyrics and songs almost every day:-). Fine job...

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

Listening to this feels like being on an adventure.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

lg

Wwhhhhooooooaaaaaaaaa.......
I just got sucked thru the wormhole and transported to a new
dimension in time and sound......LOL
Nice on guys!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

mike

So it seems it is possible to improve on perfection.  This really is a cracking track. 

Mike

Oldrottenhead

as i said to tommy, the original piece reminded me so much of the tune telstar. and i recently saw a movie called telstar about joe meek who wrote and produced it.  he was a bit of a maverick and innovator regarding recording, inventing all sorts of studio effects. always searching for new sounds and effects to replicate the music he had in his head.

he was tone deaf and would hum his ideas off key to his inhouse band, the outlaws (one of which was a young ritchie blackmore) and get them to try work out what he was on about. so that influenced the lyric, also i was thinking about all of the great musicians here who use the microbr to do pretty much the same thing.

unfortunately i couldnt replicate how i think this should be sung, i think it needs a good rock wailer like steve perry of journey to belt it out about an octave higher than i can, any takers.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

I think this tune was kinda short - but sweet - thanks for listening & commenting  AND thank you for collaborating mr Higgins!!!!  

Never actually heard of Joe Meek - but I'm definitely a fan of Ritchie Blackmore (Blackmore's Rainbow, Deep Purple, Blackmore's Night)....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)