Greensleaves (Wes Montgomery Style)

Started by tafka, October 02, 2009, 01:20:41 PM

tafka

Quote from: groundy on October 03, 2009, 03:08:16 AMGreat guitar work tj is it your Fender ?  Alex
Hi Alex it was played on an Ibanez Artcore Semi

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Diego Ayala

I have never heard this song with this arrangement so jazzed up = excellent.  I have heard the clasical version and have played and sang the Church arrangement.  Superb instrumentation!!!

fenderbender

that is pure class -congrats -love the sound --
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

tafka

Quote from: Diego Ayala on October 03, 2009, 02:21:54 PMI have never heard this song with this arrangement so jazzed up = excellent.  I have heard the clasical version and have played and sang the Church arrangement.  Superb instrumentation!!!
it would be interesting to hear your take on this.

TJ

Wiley

Hey this is out of your box!!! superb job!!  I wouldn't even have thought of Greensleeves being jazzy. But this works really well.

Diego Ayala

Quote from: tafka on October 04, 2009, 09:34:32 AM
Quote from: Diego Ayala on October 03, 2009, 02:21:54 PMI have never heard this song with this arrangement so jazzed up = excellent.  I have heard the clasical version and have played and sang the Church arrangement.  Superb instrumentation!!!
it would be interesting to hear your take on this.

TJ

It would be interesting - that's for sure...  I may have to consider it --- It is a song included in the United Mehodist Hymnal - a song I usualy include in my Christmas songlist.  It is called "What Child Is This" --- words by William C. Dix (1865) and music dates back to the 16th century - an English melody now known as "Greensleeves" ---  

This arrangement i do is guitar rythm - i suppose i can attempt the voice...

tafka

It is called "What Child Is This" --- words by William C. Dix (1865) and music dates back to the 16th century - an English melody now known as "Greensleeves" --- 

This arrangement i do is guitar rythm - i suppose i can attempt the voice...

i never knew this tune had lyrics. i did read somewhere that the melody had something to do with Henry VIII ?

TJ.

Wiley

SteveG

Very cleverly done, liked this, which is rare for me and jazz.

BossMicroBRew

Heck yes this is clever!! Nice one, Tony. Having spent several years playing jazz brass, this is really cool to hear. There is some intriguing depth to the layers in this one. Terrific ending pieces too.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton