How folks are making space for creativity in their lives

Started by Geir, October 01, 2009, 11:15:23 AM

Wiley

Tony we should put our cabins side by side OOOO what fun we would have.  And it's to bad cuthbert you are in Maine.   Way to far to come.   Maybe someday.???

OsCKilO

G1
Time:
0:00
Volume:

For New Members that were having problems like I was 6 months ago...

I think that any "doodle" that you have one the MBR can become something more....

This is how the "Time of the month track" Started out..........

A three minute "Doodle"...........

Breath sounds included....Lol! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

TOTM_mix192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
And It ended up like this in the space of Three Hours..........

Between me and G on this forum...

Please excuse the subject matter..... :-\ ;D ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

But don't through any recordings away.....

You never know what can be done with them.......

For all the new members joining......

You might think that what you recorded is the worst Cacophony that ever graced this good earth........

But you never know........

P.M someone........

Send them the track..........

It might be workable.....

You might think your recording is crap......

But thats just you.....

Get a second opinion......

I sent this one to Geir and Launched for a second opinion.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR3HcNr-JOI

I'm Glad I did!!!!! ;D

Hit the record Button and see where it takes you!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

I'm like ORH. I have to wait until everyone is out of the house. For some reason my house is "party central" for the neighbourhood kids so it isn't too often that I have the place to myself.

You can pretty much do a whole song with just an electric guitar plugged into the BR (and I'm sure many of us have done that into the wee hours), but singing is a different story.

I can't imagine what my neighbours think if they hear me belting out vocals (with no apparent music in the background). They haven't said anything yet, so maybe my walls are thick enough.  ;D

I know how you feel though Tymm, because there are definetly times when you have a great vocal idea, but you just can't get it out and that is frustrating.

I have an ice shanty, so maybe I'll set that up in the backyard this winter and use it as a vocal booth.  ;D.

Since you're in Cali, I doubt they sell too many ice shanties there, so maybe you could use a port-o-john.   :o

Good luck,

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Tony W

nothing like belting out lyrics in an out door shitter huh Vanncad? That is possibly the most novel concept I've heard yet.

Somebody on this site, and forgive me for forgetting, but they go to an empty parking lot and belt out lyrics. That kinda has to be a planned event, and I'm never inspired for a planned event.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Me and Jim (ORH) Have a CD called "Songs from the Bathroom".....

Same Sh*t............

This is how the osckilo sound came about...  Lol!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Tony W on October 01, 2009, 08:27:53 PMSomebody on this site, and forgive me for forgetting, but they go to an empty parking lot and belt out lyrics. That kinda has to be a planned event, and I'm never inspired for a planned event.
Been there, .. done that .... not that planned tho' ... I had a some in the making and just couldn't wait 'til I got home from work ;D went out at lunchtime

BUMPBAIT INCLUDED:
"T.O.o.B.E.o.T.A (Raga)" *(original by Osckilo & Geir) (vox recorded at luchtime in parkinglot)

Re: I'm going doooooooown !  (vox recorded at on the way to pick up aca after theater rehearsals at a bus-stop, in my car)

Noodle Soup in P-minor (recorded while driving !! extensive use of fx to make vox listenable8) )

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

LOL I have to admit I get laughed at a lot.  Especially when singing harmony to myself.!!  I get very strange looks if anyone hears.   ROFLMAO  And think about it!  sitting on a park bench with headphones on.  No one can hear but you and belting out a harmony line.  You do get some strange looks. LOL Actually someone should be standing off to the side filming peoples reactions to this.  Could win $10,000 on Americas funniest videos.

Groundy

My dog is fine with singing, keyboard, and Guitar but when I play the harmonica she goes for me ......
Quote from: wiley on October 01, 2009, 04:03:40 PMlOL I guess I am lucky Hubby doesn't care and when he sees me with my cans on he just exists the room or house or yard.  He has been yelled at to many times. lOL Don't have kids to interfere, but the next problem is the dogs, and the trains that go by!  I have had to retake vocals many times when the dogs bark or the train goes by.  And yes TonyW and Geir that little shed at the lake is the best.  Then hubby goes off to yak with friends and I have space all to myself.  Until dark anyway. Then everyone show's up. But all in all I seem to get enough time.  Just can't always think of things to do!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs