How folks are making space for creativity in their lives

Started by Geir, October 01, 2009, 11:15:23 AM

Geir

Tymn raised an interesting qustion in his (second) introduction:

"I thought maybe it was time to reach into this community to see how other folks are making space for creativity in their lives. Can we talk about that in this forum?"

Well, that's a good question.

* I am most creative if I can get a day or two at my cabin (lucky me), but that doesn't happen very often these days.

* I have recorded vox in my car (even posted it, an no I won't put in a bump-bait this time ;) )

* Lately I have recorded vox outdoors late at night at several occasions (also posted).

* If I get a night alone at home (once in a blue moon)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Geir and I are both fortunate enough to have cabins, which I too have not had a day to spend there in a while.

If I'm not there, I spend time in the basement learning to play. The most creative time I have is when I'm doing mindless physical labor, such as splitting firewood or mowing. I put on the Ipod and get the juices flowing. I play guitar along with whatever tracks I'm listening to in my mind. I swear it's really helping me when I sit down and actually play.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alopix

Hello everyone,

it is really difficult to a world full television rubbishes try to create. I have the same problem when I try to write a song in MICROBR. Electric Guitar is okay, with headphones but when I try to sing and my fiance watches T.V. its a drama. She prefer to watch T.V. than try to do smthing creative. Fisrt times I was telling her to mute television sound for some minutes. She just lowering sound and most of songs are noisy.
Now when I want to write my voice I am going to the bedroom.
Other times I am visiting a friend that had made a small room like a small studio with foam on the walls.

I wish best luck to find ways to write new songs.

Best regards
Stavros

Oldrottenhead

i work shifts so when kids are at school and mrs orh is out even if its only 15 minutes in with house to myself i use that opportunity to do something with my mbr.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 01, 2009, 01:37:48 PMi work shifts so when kids are at school and mrs orh is out even if its only 15 minutes in with house to myself i use that opportunity to do something with my mbr.

Ditto....

Kid ain't at school yet so it is a bit harder....

Thats where the 45 minute challenge came from.......

It is the longest I can get without getting in the Evil Mrs Osckilo's Bad books....

It is now down to twenty minutes.....See Here

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

lOL I guess I am lucky Hubby doesn't care and when he sees me with my cans on he just exists the room or house or yard.  He has been yelled at to many times. lOL Don't have kids to interfere, but the next problem is the dogs, and the trains that go by!  I have had to retake vocals many times when the dogs bark or the train goes by.  And yes TonyW and Geir that little shed at the lake is the best.  Then hubby goes off to yak with friends and I have space all to myself.  Until dark anyway. Then everyone show's up. But all in all I seem to get enough time.  Just can't always think of things to do!!

Migs

Quote from: Tony W on October 01, 2009, 11:53:06 AMGeir and I are both fortunate enough to have cabins, which I too have not had a day to spend there in a while.
Ditto on the cabbin thing... must really get away soon.  Mebbe we should start a "post pics of your cabin/holiday house" thread.

To make time, when my TV died last year, I decided not to buy a new one so I wouldn't be tempted to waste time sitting in front of the box.  I went without a telly for over 10 months and played with my tele instead.

I have now had a TV for a week and probably watched 2 hours total.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Wiley

I don't think I have watch the tele in probably 4 months all my time was spent learning my lessons.!!!  No regrets TV is over stated!!