Worktitle: Lost in time

Started by lexman, September 30, 2009, 04:43:52 AM

mike

I think you've definitely got something here.  Atmospheric.  I like the build up at the start and then when the drums kick in.  Cool.

Mike

lexman

Quote from: Greeny on September 30, 2009, 04:17:42 PMSome volume adjustments here and there, and a bit of work on the drums (less volume, more reverb?) would hone this a bit. But you are well on your way - the guitars sound great, and you've layered everything very nicely. Very good playing and composition.

Hi Greeny,
Yesterday I've played with the rhythm reverb, this gives more dynamics on the song.
Thanks for you advice in this.

Alex

Geir

Great start. This is gonna be a killer song !!!

Most is said about production I think, but what do you mean by :
Quote from: lexman on September 30, 2009, 04:43:52 AM- And when I have a good mic. I also need to do some vocals
YOU HAVE A MICROBR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

lexman

Quote from: Geir on October 02, 2009, 02:00:25 AMMost is said about production I think, but what do you mean by :
Quote from: lexman on September 30, 2009, 04:43:52 AM- And when I have a good mic. I also need to do some vocals
YOU HAVE A MICROBR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I've tried to use the BR microphone but that sounded not good.
Thanks for the complement by the way

The Reverend 48

Well Done
this is well constructed and on its way to being a real killer!

launched

Yes - Brilliant song in the works. It has some great guitar work and keeps your attention all the way to the end.

You got the skillz!!  :D

BTW, I do agree with Geir, though. The MBR has a great built in condenser mic that works well with vocals. Almost everybody here uses it! It's a little tough getting the effects patches set up right, though. Lots of messing around...

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

lexman

Quote from: launched on October 02, 2009, 10:32:47 PMBTW, I do agree with Geir, though. The MBR has a great built in condenser mic that works well with vocals. Almost everybody here uses it! It's a little tough getting the effects patches set up right, though. Lots of messing around...

Mark,

I've tried yesterday the MBR mic but results where not satisfying.
How can I adjust the settings so the voice sound OK.
I've tried so sing right in front of the mic with dB on +6 (to hear the voice)
but I pic up everything I don't wanna pick up.

So I suggestion in this is very welcome.

Regards,
Alex

Oldrottenhead

if you are having trouble hearing your voice when singing turn down the track volume levels, then when you have recorded the vocals to your satisfaction you can turn music tracks volume back up to get the mix you want. i find if the volume of the music i am singing to is really loud it helps to do that. also pan all the music so that there is space in the centre for a vocal to sit giving the voice and instruments seperation. hope thats of help.

oh by the way cool tune.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lexman

Hi all,

Lost in time is now in the next phase.
Some of your advices I've used (reverb on drum for example)
This gives really more dynamics on the song.

The big change is the outro, I've made it longer and add 2 guitar parts to it.
The solo part (simple solo wrt to what some of you can) is a little bit to loud
but to a copy and move action I've lost the original track so I can't master is
again....

Regards and thanks for all previos comments,
Alex

lexman

LOST2_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all,

Updated in this version:
- Reverb on drum (was a good idea from ORH, thanks)
- The big change is the outro, I've made it longer and add 2 guitar parts to it.
  The solo part (simple solo wrt to what some of you can) is a little bit to loud
  but to a copy and move action I've lost the original track so I can't master it
  again.... ???

Now busy with the vocal and than a bit soloing during the lyrics.