Worktitle: Lost in time

Started by lexman, September 30, 2009, 04:43:52 AM

lexman

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi BR users,

Didn't have much time the last weeks but last monday I took my BR and recorded something.
It's not the final version, some things I want to change.

- During intro the 'fading guitar' needs less volume so must be remastered.
- Some error during playing (not on paper was more jamming with my self)
- Add some solo guitar futher on in song.
- During outro I want also add some solo guitar parts. (and maybe make the outro longer)
- And when I have a good mic. I also need to do some vocals

Oh I low this some much, recording my own ideas but time is not on my side right now.
F*^&ing busy with working. (what crisis  ;D, hopefully I don't hurt anyone with this)

Feel free for comments so I can learn more about creating music and get even more out of the BR.

Regards,
Alex

Satchwood

Luv the layers of guitar work here lexman!!  Nice n heavy with great distortion fx !!!  Reminds me a bit of Dream Theater - would luv to hear some soloing & vox added  -  great job!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

I think you are off to a really great start here!  I'm with Satch the layers and different sounds really work in this.  Good job!

Greeny

Some volume adjustments here and there, and a bit of work on the drums (less volume, more reverb?) would hone this a bit. But you are well on your way - the guitars sound great, and you've layered everything very nicely. Very good playing and composition.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

I'm not qualified to comment on what you should do, but I am qualified enough to say this is going to kick ass when its completed.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lexman

Drum has indeed too much volume.
Thanks for the reverb tip, gonna try it.

lexman

Quote from: Satchwood on September 30, 2009, 09:11:10 AMLuv the layers of guitar work here lexman!!  Nice n heavy with great distortion fx !!!  Reminds me a bit of Dream Theater - would luv to hear some soloing & vox added  -  great job!!!

To be honoust, the intro is inspired by dream theater.
From maybe DT's best album Images & Words, pull me under.

Tangled Wires

Really well put together this, would love to hear it developed even further into a full song. Excellent playing throughout and has the makings of something really good with a few tweaks on levels etc.

Great post!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

nice dramatic build up-a great start

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder