"Goodbye"

Started by piljoe, September 29, 2009, 06:55:11 PM

piljoe

Thanks Mark,  it means a lot to me!!

SE

Hey great metal track really drives along, the vox are excellent and the guitar is cool, agree with Greeny bing down the volume on the drums to make it even better.
recorder
Boss BR-80

StevieM

Yep, great 1st one. Can't wait to see what the next one's gonna be like!!!
Good driving dark sound here.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

piljoe

....I'm currently trying to figure out what will be next...

Ferryman

Very powerful stuff, great first attempt! For someone that isn't a vocalist, you have a very powerful voice, don't be frightened of it. You might want to experiment with some effects to help it belnd in to the mix a bit and make you feel confident about having it a bit higher. Just tweak that drum volume (checl out the tutorials on this site to find out how) and you have a killer mix as well as a killer song.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

piljoe

...Thank you Nigel!! I'm gonna take your advice ( as well as others...) & do a "Remix" of Goodbye. All of your kind words are easing my nerves as I'm going to be recording another round of vocals soon on some new stuff.

BlueInGreen

Sounds great on my headphones. Would like to what you used to distort the vocals. They came out excellent. Sometimes I like to do that sort of thing but I'm not really sure what I'm doing with it. If others have ideas about, I'd like to hear those too. Thanks.

piljoe

i used an old digitech stomp box called vocal 300. the preset is called lo-fi.