No notifications?

Started by StevieM, September 26, 2009, 03:07:16 PM

StevieM

I'm not getting ANY e mail notifications on any thread/post, on any board----nothing---nada---nowt---zilch---zero---- :(

All the little boxes and everything are ticked/enabled as usual, but not getting them for a few days now. Anyone else having the same problem, or is it just me for some reason?
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

launched

Hey Steve!!

I stopped using email notifications months ago, because I was missing posts. The only thing I was using it for recently was PM notifications. Then that became a pain in the ass to clear those emails out.

My inbox is clean now!!! :D

Oh, I did notice that they are broken!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

StevieM

Thanks guys, I don't think posting's working either----------after all, 30 views, 2 replies???? Has no one else got anything to say???? Not even "Nope, not working for me either", or " Mine seems to be ok" ???????????????????? :(
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Tony W

I can see the topic! I can see the post! I don't use email alerts, so I can't comment on that.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I'm not getting email alerts either (for personal messages). It's been around a week I guess. Not sure why, but I remember this happened before and got fixed eventually.

64Guitars

Yes, there does seem to be a problem with notifications. I've notified Pedro of the situation. He thinks it's a problem with the server. This happened once before and sorted itself out after several days.

Registrations seem to be affected too. If you look at the member list sorted by date, you can see that new members were joining almost every day until Sept 23rd, then they stopped.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StevieM

Glitch it is then!!
A strange thing though----- I've just got one, but it's from a different address-------
microrec@box363.bluehost.com

It all looks to be ok, but is it? I haven't clicked on the link, I like to practise safe clicking ;D

64G? Any ideas??

64Guitars

Quote from: StevieM on September 29, 2009, 10:02:09 AMA strange thing though----- I've just got one, but it's from a different address-------
microrec@box363.bluehost.com

It all looks to be ok, but is it? I haven't clicked on the link, I like to practise safe clicking ;D

64G? Any ideas??

I did a "whois" inquiry on bluehost.com and found that they're in Provo, Utah. So, my first thought was that the email you received is not from BossBR.net. However, I then did a "whois" on BossBR.net and found that the provider is bluehost.com. So, I guess it's legit. Pedro lives in Portugal, so I'm surprised that the site is hosted in Utah. But I guess anything's possible on the worldwide internet.

I'll send Pedro a PM to confirm this.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 29, 2009, 10:41:49 AMI did a "whois" inquiry on bluehost.com and found that they're in Provo, Utah. So, my first thought was that the email you received is not from BossBR.net. However, I then did a "whois" on BossBR.net and found that the provider is bluehost.com. So, I guess it's legit. Pedro lives in Portugal, so I'm surprised that the site is hosted in Utah. But I guess anything's possible on the worldwide internet.

That is interesting - The site's time setting is Pacific, so I always figured the west coast somewhere. Never bothered to check. But some areas of Utah are huge technology hubs now, so it makes sense to me.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover