There Was a Time (Original by indierik and ACA)

Started by aca, September 24, 2009, 02:17:12 PM

indierik

Quote from: osckilo on September 24, 2009, 07:48:32 PMI think it is a winning combo Erik.......

Better get composing.........!

Holy Crap!!!! Ummmmm.........Holy CRAP!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Osckilo, you have a point, perhaps her and I should do some more collaborating.

ACA, I love you! ;) you did my song (now our song) some serious justice! No offense ORH, let it be known I love your version as well, but I really felt this song required, deserved, demanded a female touch... and WOW did you nail it! I mean you found the vocal melody I would have found if I sang and wrote lyrics. And btw, not many people commented on your lyrics but I am hear to tell you you have a future, no joke. You're a poet, your lyrics are so mature and well thought out, I'm 41 years old and I connected with this song instantly, for I often feel this way: "There was a time I couldn't tell you when it was, but there was a time when I didn't constantly have all these worries in the back of my mind" Magnificent!!!!! I hope this doesn't offend you, but you need to take this talent seriously. All you need is the proper exposure and you'll be rich and famous! It might require you moving to the right area (not sure where you live) that can foster your talents, but don't take them for granted, like I did (I'm refering to my art not music) or you might have regrets.

I'm on my fifth listen already.....Absolutely amazing!

Thank you for making my day!

Erik :-)
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Wiley

Yes this collab was well worth the wait!! Been wondering when it would come back!! And it came back with a bang.  I agree the lyrics were very well written.  The two of you really did  compliment each other nicely. Great job ACA  NOW tel DAD to get you your own BR and be part of this gang!!!
P.J.

Satchwood

What a great pro-sounding voice ACA - your voice works great with Erik's tune here - superb job - just luv your voice!!!! 

This song brings a tear to my eye.....don't flippin know why either.....just very touching I guess!!!

The music - the singing - the lyrics - ACA's voice.....super job!!!!!

I luv this song.................................
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

64Guitars

Quote from: wiley on September 25, 2009, 11:33:31 AMGreat job ACA  NOW tel DAD to get you your own BR and be part of this gang!!!

Or tell El Kabong to get a BR-1200 and give his Micro BR to Baba Looey.  ;)

Nice job, Baba Looey! You have a beautiful voice and excellent pitch control. You should record more often.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tangled Wires

This song is just getting better with every listen. This is right up there with some of my favourite songs that I have heard on this site.

Hope we hear more from the ACA/indierik combination in the future!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 25, 2009, 03:02:51 PM
Quote from: wiley on September 25, 2009, 11:33:31 AMGreat job ACA  NOW tel DAD to get you your own BR and be part of this gang!!!
Or tell El Kabong to get a BR-1200 and give his Micro BR to Baba Looey.  ;)

El Kabong say NO NO  ....... there are no power sockets in the desert !!!

I need my mbr !!!!

.... .. .. .. .
OK  .....

..... those 600s look nice ::)  hmmmmmmm ......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Just stopped by quickly, selected this one at random as was blown away. Superb stuff, a great combination. ACA, please do some more stuff here, you hgave a great voice, your father should be rightfully proud!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

Quote from: andrewh on September 25, 2009, 04:06:42 PMThis song is just getting better with every listen. This is right up there with some of my favourite songs that I have heard on this site.

Hope we hear more from the ACA/indierik combination in the future!

Thanks you Andrew! Thank you everyone, you guy's are too nice, but of course I can only take part of the credit!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Satchwood

WoW .... this rocks................great lyrics...............voX.........

i'm INTO it.......................simpler times...................i Luv this song....

adlajd;flaksdflkasdflkadf;laksdflaksdflaskdjfalksdjfalskdfa;lksdjf;alksdjfalksdjfalksdfja;lkdsjf;alksdjfa;lksdf;laksjdf...............no words can SAY...............
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Redler

Wow! After listening I jumped immediately on Aca's MySpace-site. Your voice is perfect to this kind of music.

Indierik's compose is fine again. (I downloaded  Indierik's and ORH's tune Consequence of trying in my mp3 player long time ago!).

Good work!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR