Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

When you load the MP3 file into Audacity 1.2.6, you'll see some information about the file.

This tells you that it's mono and has a sample rate of 22050Hz (or 22kHz). That's why you can't import it directly into the Micro BR. The BR only supports a sample rate of 44.1kHz (or 44100Hz).

Also notice the Project Rate in the lower left corner:

This is the sample rate that will be used when you export the file. You need to change it to 44100. Click on the "22050". A list pops up with a checkmark next to 22050 Hz to show that it's the currently-selected project rate. To change it, click on 44100 Hz.

Now you're ready to export the file in a BR-compatible format (44100 Hz WAV file). Pull down the File menu and select "Export As WAV".

A standard Windows "Save As" dialog appears.

Select the folder in which you wish to save the WAV file, then click the "Save" button.

That's it! You can now import that WAV file into your Micro BR. See pages 103/104 (Transferring MP3/WAV files) and 113/114 (Track Import).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Ok 64 I got that I was changing it at the top. I didn't even notice the bottom left hand corner.  Now one more ?   If i change that can I still export as an mp3 or does it have to be a wave?  I don't want to do anything with the song I just want to listen to it. To learn the words etc.
Thankyou so very much!!
P.J.

64Guitars

Yes, you can export it either as WAV or MP3 from Audacity. If you're just going to listen to it on the BR's MP3 side, then it doesn't really matter. But, if you want to import it to the multitrack side of the BR and record other tracks along with it, then you'd be better off with WAV.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBut, if you want to import it to the multitrack side of the BR and record other tracks along with it, then you'd be better off with WAV.
why? changing it to wav is not gonna improve the quality, why dont you save it as an mp3 and import it into a song folder
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 26, 2009, 02:23:18 AM
QuoteBut, if you want to import it to the multitrack side of the BR and record other tracks along with it, then you'd be better off with WAV.

why? changing it to wav is not gonna improve the quality, why dont you save it as an mp3 and import it into a song folder

It's true that converting the MP3 to WAV will not improve its quality. But it won't degrade it either. Whereas re-encoding in MP3 format will degrade the quality, if only very slightly. MP3 uses lossy compression. That means that every time you encode a file in MP3 format, you're throwing away some of the information. WAV format isn't compressed, so nothing is thrown away.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Thank you very much 64 I think I got it now!!

danieldesete

thanks guys this was very helpful
daniel
hou hou ha ha

steelguitar

Thank you guys, I know now why some of my downloads to Micro Br weren't work!
A very usefull help to play mp3 with Br through Audacity.
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS