unsuportted format

Started by wiley, September 23, 2009, 04:29:32 PM

Wiley

Ok Guys!!
Can you please help me out in terms that I might be able to understand.  I downloaded a mp3 converted from you tube. Put it in my Br and I get unsupported format.  This happens a lot. And Mike (48) is always good enough to fix the problem.  But I need to learn how to fix this myself.  My cousin downloaded Audacity so I do have that. So what do I need to do to make the mp3 play on my BR?? Will Audacity work to fix it?  I am really ignorant on this stuff. So please speak in plain terms. LOL
Thanks
P.J.
Osky it is your song if your want me to learn you better help!!!

Oldrottenhead

unsopprted format is the bain of my life huz tae be 44.1 khz comprende? neithr dae i

i have bin drinking

ps i have bin drinking is the same as keys or den free
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

im sober now but ma heid hurts,

mp3s have to be 44.1khz. if you have audacity (i think thats the programme) you can change it in that
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Since you're going to import it into your Micro BR anyway, the easiest solution is to convert the MP3 file to a WAV file. A simple way to do that is with this website:

http://media-convert.com/

• Click the Browse button to upload your MP3 file.
  • Make sure "Input format" is "MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3 (.mp3)".
  • Set "Output format" to "WAVE form audio format (.wav)".
  • If the MP3 file is a stereo backing track, set "Audio Channels" to Stereo. If it's just a single track, set it to Mono.
  • Set "Audio Sampling Rate" to 44100 Hz.
  • Click the "OK" button.
  • Save the converted WAV file to your hard drive and import it into the BR.

If you don't have high-speed internet service (ie; you're still on dialup modem access), the uploading and downloading of files might take too long. In that case, you'd be better off learning to do the conversion in Audacity.

Here are the instructions for Audacity version 1.3.7. Other versions might be slightly different. To find out which version you have, pull down the Help menu and select "About Audacity...".

• Pull down the File menu and select Open to load the MP3 file.
  • Select Export from the File menu. This first brings up the "Edit Metadata" dialog. Just click "OK".
  • The "Export File" dialog appears. Click the file type drop-down list in the lower right of the dialog and set it to "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM".
  • Click the Save button.
  • Close Audacity.
  • Import the WAV file into the BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Thanks 64 and ORH I will try it in Audacity as I don't have high speed.  But it is almost here. Can't wait.  I think I can understand what your saying. LOL

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I checked the version of audacity I have it is 1.2.6  And 64 I changed the bit rate to 16 and saved as a wav  put it in the br and it still says unsupported format  I tried changeing the  thing to 44.1 hz or what ever its called and then it sounds like a bunch of chip monks.  I know there has to be something simple I am missing here.

And TonW  they call it Jet net. But no not high speed. Dls or something

64Guitars

Can you post the MP3 or email it to me? Then I can tell you what the problem is and how to fix it in Audacity.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley