MP3 tag returns (now called [singlemp3])

Started by Pedro, September 20, 2009, 08:59:14 PM

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 21, 2009, 01:53:35 PMAnd the resulting widget would look like this (non-functional example):

Not the most attractive widget,  .....
But I kinda like the song ;D

Seriously, I have been waiting for a possibility to do that as I don't want too many sites to maintain my songs on. And SC would be where I would post bigger files than 5mb
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 21, 2009, 02:38:33 PMwell that experiment didnae work

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 21, 2009, 02:40:15 PMnor that wan

Some friendly advice for anyone who wants to experiment with message features....  You don't have to post your message in order to see if your experiment worked. Instead, just click the Preview button below the message editor (right next to the Post button). It will display your message just as it would appear if you posted it, but only you will be able to see it. If the experiment didn't work, just edit the message and try again. If you eventually get the result you were looking for, then you can click Post. That way you won't fill up the topic with a bunch of failed attempts.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThat way you won't fill up the topic with a bunch of failed attempts.
but thats wot i was trying to do lol.

will i remove them lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: Ted on September 21, 2009, 01:16:52 PMHmmm... Inquisitive geeks want to know: Can you find the secret URL of a SoundClick MP3, and embed it this way?

[Experiment underway...]

Nope:[singlemp3]http://7538168.streamer2.soundclick.com/jarry_lo/32/03/freemp3/geir+oooahppapppaaaa.mp3[/singlemp3]

[Experiment continues...]

I think I've found a way to get the actual URL of an MP3 at SoundClick. But it only works if the SoundClick page includes a Download link, and I've only tried it in Firefox. I don't know if it can easily be done in other browsers.

Click the download link and download the song to your hard drive. Then select Downloads from the Firefox Tools menu (or press Ctrl+Shift+Y). A download list will pop up which looks something like this:

There's only one file in my list in this screenshot because I cleared the list before downloading the song from SoundClick. But, normally, you''l see several files in the list. The SoundClick download will be at the top of the list if it was the last thing you downloaded.

Right-click on the song file in the Firefox download list. You'll see a context menu which looks like this:

Select "Copy Download Link" from the context menu. This puts the URL in your operating system's clipboard. Now you can paste the URL between a pair of [soundclick][/soundclick] tags in your message. It will look like this:

[singlemp3]http://streamer.soundclick.com/jarry_DL/10/05/freemp3/thebunkbeds+littlestar.mp3[/singlemp3]

And here's the resulting player:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Of course, there's probably no good reason to use the [singlemp3] tags now that we have a SoundClick widget. But this technique will prove useful for me when I create playlists for the festivals and challenges. As long as people allow downloads from their SoundClick pages, I'll be able to include their songs in the playlist along with everyone else's. Up until now, I'd been including the SoundClick widget further down the page in the "Song Index" section but had no way of including it in the MP3 player at the top of the page with all the other songs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

Just tried it in firefox and it didn't play. But I only tried for few seconds.
I've found I have some stuff that plays fine for me but won't in other browsers out there. I guess it's time for a complete overhaul of my linkages.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Yes, there seems to be a problem using the SoundClick MP3 URL with the [soundclick][/soundclick] tags in a message. Yet, it works just fine with the multiplayer in my festival pages. For example, the songs by oldrottenhead, SteveG and hooper in the YuleFest player are from SoundClick and they seem to work just fine.

Weird! I'll have to look into this some more.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website