Can someone explain bumping and the proper etiquette regarding it?

Started by Rickocaster, September 15, 2009, 05:29:55 PM

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Rickocaster on September 15, 2009, 05:29:55 PMAm I a shameless self-promoter if I reply with "thanks" when someone writes something nice?

Here's were patience and self-promotion align beautifully.

If you post something, you'll usually get some comments from the Vampire Club and other obsessives right away.  Then, slowly your post will begin to sink to the bottom of the first page on the board.  Be patient, let it sink, slowly... slowly... a day passes... be patient...  the sinking continues... slowly...  It's near the bottom of page one now. 

Sleep on it.

Wake up the next morning. Check the board before breakfast--before your morning piss.  Your topic has moved to page two of the board. That's when you strike:

Thank you!

Answer some questions.  Respond to the comparisons.  Groan with good-natured chiding at those who posted boobs--if you are so blessed.

Bam!  Like that, you're at the top of page one again--and on top of the world!

More comments pour in from people who missed the post the first time.  Others respond to your responses.  Life is good.

Then, again, you wait...

Slowly your post will begin to sink to the bottom of the first page on the board...

Rinse.

Repeat.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

Ted, Perfectly written essay on Bumping, Textbook really.  You have given every "sefl-Bumper" a reason to feel good about the self-bump, a How-to manual and best of all a code of etiquite for the self-bump.  May we all live by your example here on our self-bumps.

QuoteGroan with good-natured chiding at those who posted boobs--if you are so blessed.
Hilarious stuff, if you are so blessed by the boob Gods indeed.

May we all go forth in the good knowledge of how to self-bump.  Get your self-bump fingers out, bump away.  Go forth and bump with determination, go forth and bump with deliberation, go forth and bump for the good of humanity and your very soul.  Praise the boob Gods!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

I am just about to go and perform some slef-bumping, feel allowed to as i haver caught up with most of the new stuff i have missed. Ted is heloping me to sleep at night now.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Ted, that might have been one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Thank you for that. I really enjoy all your commentary Ted ;D Shameless, I can't help myself it's too funny.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

That's a fantastic post Ted...  ;D

I haven't been posting on here for seems like ages - but I am lurking every other day or so... this is one of those days - and that how-to "bump" yourself is superb, it's exactly what I do when I post something new  ::)

Now, if only I had something new to post... :D

Or time to listen to stuff  :(

(If they let us have sound at work, it would be simple - eat sandwich, review stuff, go for fag, back to work...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

Ted... that is one of the best posts I've ever seen on this site. If not THE best, lol. You deserve an award. Or some boobs or something, lol.