There's a river that flows (Osckilo & Geir)

Started by Geir, September 15, 2009, 04:19:05 PM

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on September 16, 2009, 04:19:48 PMthe old man of Chanson and the kids of the street eh?

Either way it's brill.

Oh by the way It's a joke, well the kids of the street bit is anyway!  ;D
hhhmmmrrrmmph ..... grumph ....

old man .... hah !! ...

well thanx anyways  .. I guess ;D

seriously ... thank you all for kind comments !!!!!!!! ....

This beauty is mostly thanx to the Osckilo guys!! They made such a beautiful piece of music! It was a pleasure to put some vox on it ... I had several ideas on the lyrics ... landed on this at last .. and they wouldn't have happened without the supportive, friendly crowd of people that spend (far too) much time on this site 8)

you're all a part of this for me

peace
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

dade

great job!! I love this song!! Great music and lyrics and Geir's expressive and warm voice...GREAT!!  :) :) ;)

@Geir, how do you record vocals? With the built in mic or with some other kind of microphone? Which FX patch do you use?  Your voice sounds so great::)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

hooper

The guitar parts are plenty adequate but yes, it's the dramatic quality of that vocal that takes it over the top.  It's easy to immagine this on the songtrack during a movie, towards the end when all the pieces are coming together, or coming apart... 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Geir

Thanx dade and Hooper
Quote from: dade on September 16, 2009, 05:06:57 PM@Geir, how do you record vocals? With the built in mic or with some other kind of microphone? Which FX patch do you use?  Your voice sounds so great::)
built in mic was used as (almost) always. FX: "P10 OnBoard1"

did the vox twice and put one way back in the mix. Rev tweaked to 4.8s. 33% on main vox and 50 on the one in the back.

mbr held quite close on this take

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 16, 2009, 05:49:00 PMgeir z jist a boi
well thank you old man ;D feeling quite young today  :) .... maybe I'll go out and play  ::) ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

dade

thanks Geir  ;) I listen again to this song and Ithink it's sooooooo great  :) :) Mark Knopfler should learn a lot from you about song writing skills  ;D ;D ;D but I shut up  ::) ::)

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR