Vinegar stroke blues

Started by Tony W, September 14, 2009, 07:21:33 PM

Oldrottenhead

well done tony, mike is some man, which reminds me i better get my teacher an apple when i come back from playing truant.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

heavy man
good stuff-really big sounding-is this a backer?
drums sound huge

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Oh yeah, My bad it is a backer! Mike handed me that backer as a reward for breaking through a barrier which I was beginning to think insurmountable.

Mike, I hope you are as proud of this as I am. Without you I would have been a lurker, and only posted questions on this forum. I certainly would not have posted decent blues.

Dave, You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I was trying to play last night, and it was just too muggy. I brought a fan downstairs, and eventually worked myself into a groove. Unfortunately I'm bald, so the only hair that was flowing was on my chest! I do play with my eyes closed more often than not.

Jim thank you as well. I can't believe you have time to listen to posts, with lyrics and colabs backed up to the street! It means a lot me that you took the time to give this a listen.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Tony W on September 15, 2009, 07:37:48 AMDave, You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I was trying to play last night, and it was just too muggy. I brought a fan downstairs, and eventually worked myself into a groove. Unfortunately I'm bald, so the only hair that was flowing was on my chest! I do play with my eyes closed more often than not.
Ha Ha that is funny stuff.  Where is Osckilo with a timely and spot on picture right about now.  Chest hairs blowing in the breeeze, priceless.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Hey great playing when you get ahead of steam up your really roll,in well done
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

LOL  I agree chest hairs blowing  PRICELESS  LOl LOL  But Tony, you didn't even have a guitar when you started this?  You had to go buy one?  Well my hat is definitely off to you.  You have come a long ways.  At least I had some background being a bass player and all. And I am glad if I inspired you in any way.  I didn't think I could ever play like this in a million years either. And if I never get any better I am still happy.  Now you will have to get the urge to go by more guitars!!  You know I bought one and am having a real hard time staying out of the pawn shops.  I have today and tomorrow off yet and I think I might give in and go.  I know if I do I will come home with one. I probably don't need 6 guitars LOL
Again great job!!

Tony W

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I had an acoustic before the lessons, I just couldn't play it very well. I was the typical beginner, hitting all the strings when playing a D chord, I only knew one strumming pattern, down up down up down up down up. I couldn't understand why nobody knew what song I was playing LOL.

BB, I've been dreading what picture is coming from Osckilo since you posted!

Side Effect, thank you! I am still a little rough when playing slow. I try new things all the time, and truth be told, I have about 30 versions of this backer, not to mention 3 less layers of skin.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tafka

Hey Tone great to see you posted this. your hard work is paying off.
nice one.

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Satchwood

Yeah TW - let it out man, just rip and forget about making mistakes....man when you let it rip, it just flows - keep up the mighty fine work here!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

StevieM

Told you could do it-----and, damn, you've done it here!!!!! ;D ;D
Bloody well done mate, there'll be no stopping you now ( I hope)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!