Say it Proud (In remembrance By Launched and Osckilo)

Started by OsCKilO, September 14, 2009, 03:30:18 PM

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI am a Police Officer.
:o :o

wtf you kept that quiet, you must be undercover surely they don't have uniforms in your size.  ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Quote from: oldmariahcareyhead on June 22, 2011, 04:24:19 AM
QuoteI am a Police Officer.
:o :o

wtf you kept that quiet, you must be undercover surely they don't have uniforms in your size.  ;D

Sure they do!!!

::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

aye he's from the states everythings bigger over there.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hey, my opinions are my own. Luckily everyone else has different opnions.

Regardless whether this song were about peanut butter or 9/11 I'd suggest removing any obvious references, I'll explain why.

Ever hear a song, decide what it's about, we'll say in this case we reckon it's about that age when a young boy gets his first dog and the bonding period they go through, suddenly they're inseperable, you love it and it reminds you of a time growing up when things were perfect. 2 years later you read an interview with the writer and discover it was actually about anti-abortion and that just blows your mind! Suddenly the song's dead in the water for you. All the references you'd built up in your mind are now ruined because everytime you hear it the true subject matter creeps in.

Regardless whether your song's about peanut butter or 9/11 I reckon it's best for the listener to decide what they think it's about, so that when they do they it becomes theirs.

Hope that all makes some sense though.

And if you want to leave it exactly as is, hey, it's your song and who the fxxk am I to tell you otherwise?  ;D

Quote from: OsCKilO on June 22, 2011, 01:19:18 AMThis song is for them.
For me to take that away from them for the sake of a song doing well would make me a complete (Excuse my French...) Arse Hole....

Incidentally, if more people had this kind of integrity the world of music wouldn't be the bland cess pool it is today.

OsCKilO

Quote from: thegreatpoobarr on June 22, 2011, 04:34:02 AM
Quote from: OsCKilO on June 22, 2011, 01:19:18 AMThis song is for them.
For me to take that away from them for the sake of a song doing well would make me a complete (Excuse my French...) Arse Hole....

Incidentally, if more people had this kind of integrity the world of music wouldn't be the bland cess pool it is today.

I hear ya bro....

Thanks and peace.

And you are very welcome on Songcrafters good sir!  :)

Welcome!!  :) :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

If I had to eat english food on a daily basis, I'd imagine that I'd probably starve and be stick thin too!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After three weeks training with english troops, I couldn't wait to get back to an American base and eat an MRE.  :o :D :D

launched

Quote from: sai on June 22, 2011, 03:06:56 PMAfter three weeks training with english troops, I couldn't wait to get back to an American base and eat an MRE.  :o :D :D

Ha, I can't picture bangers and mash being a good MRE!! ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched