Say it Proud (In remembrance By Launched and Osckilo)

Started by OsCKilO, September 14, 2009, 03:30:18 PM

Oldrottenhead

Quote"The world Changed for Good" on that Day..........

It was the subject of One of Jim's Songs , That I cant  find on this site.......
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5289.0 strange how people interpret my words sometimes. guess thats why i took so long to post it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I am proud to know you two guys.  Thanks for the very interesting musical ride. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Just incredible. Everything is so 'real' on this. It's kind of hard to take in how good it is actually. It's a song you want to take away and carry around with you. I'd be proud as f*ck if I'd done this.

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Drop the 9/11 references.

I know there's none in the song, but drop the images that go with it. I belive that listeners feel they own a song much much more if they're allowed to  pick it apart themselves and decidee what it's about. I'm not saying it can't be about this, but let the listener drwa their own conclusion.

That said, this is gorgeous, but far too short. Lengthen it, stick some lovely dream like reverbs on the vocals and then fire it at the end of an album as an unmarked track and you've a killer sleeper track right here.

Just my opnion though.

Love it!

Bluesberry

Quote from: thegreatpoobarr on June 21, 2011, 05:37:58 PMDrop the 9/11 references.

I know there's none in the song, but drop the images that go with it. I belive that listeners feel they own a song much much more if they're allowed to  pick it apart themselves and decidee what it's about. I'm not saying it can't be about this, but let the listener drwa their own conclusion.

That said, this is gorgeous, but far too short. Lengthen it, stick some lovely dream like reverbs on the vocals and then fire it at the end of an album as an unmarked track and you've a killer sleeper track right here.

Just my opnion though.

Love it!
interesting observations poo, you have some strong opinions, I like that, I don't agree with you here, but I like strong opinions.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: thegreatpoobarr on June 21, 2011, 05:37:58 PMDrop the 9/11 references.

That's a very un-American attitude! In this country, we expect all of our art to be pre-processed, digested, and spoon fed to us. Have you seen any of our movies lately? Yes you have, so shut up!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on June 21, 2011, 07:38:04 PM

That's a very un-American attitude! In this country, we expect all of our art to be pre-processed, digested, and spoon fed to us. Have you seen any of our movies lately? Yes you have, so shut up!

Ok, I just figured it out with some help. Forum violation that mandates expulsion! ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

OsCKilO

I know there's none in the song, but drop the images that go with it. I belive that listeners feel they own a song much much more if they're allowed to  pick it apart themselves and decidee what it's about. I'm not saying it can't be about this, but let the listener drwa their own conclusion.

Just my opnion though.

Love it!

I am a Police Officer.

This is Probably the first ever time I have mentioned it on this forum or the Net, but feel the need to just to explain a few things in context...

The song .....It was about those who were killed on 9/11 and 7/7...

The reference stays.....

And Please...  Let's not fill this thread with conspiracy theories about what "Really" happened..
As far as I know, people were killed.

You can give me an "I told you so" if it is proved otherwise...

But....As far as I know, Civilians, Police and Fire-fighters died that day across the water from me.
And the stories of courage that became apparent were heartbreaking.

I also know people that were directly effected by the events of 7/7 in London.

This song is for them.
For me to take that away from them for the sake of a song doing well would make me a complete (Excuse my French...) Arse Hole....

Glad you liked the song though bro...
Welcome to the forum.
And please don't see this as some kind of personal attack on you.
Just wanted to explain my thoughts on the matter.

Peace  

T

PS... If you like obscure references and un-prescribed/defined content , please try any of my other songs...  :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy