Behringer V-Amp 2

Started by BossMicroBRew, September 13, 2009, 09:07:31 AM

BossMicroBRew

"Oh no...Behringer..."

Yes, Behringer. I picked up one of these Behringer V-Amp 2, Line 6 POD knock-offs at a bargain price. I cannot decide if I really like it yet, but it is fun to tinker with for now.

Does anyone have one?

I am doing a little test this afternoon; running it into the MicroBR and am looking for a couple good patches in the clean/blues/overdrive neighborhood...but I'm open to any really.

Thanks, as always.

BossMicroBRew
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

OsCKilO

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on September 13, 2009, 09:07:31 AMI am doing a little test this afternoon; running it into the MicroBR and am looking for a couple good patches in the clean/blues/overdrive neighborhood...but I'm open to any really.

I have a Line 6 Spider 3 with all those effects.....

I just Noticed that it has a Line/headphone out socket..........

Never noticed it before.....

You just gave me an Idea....!

Thanks Bro!!!!!!!

I was getting tired of the MBR effects.......

A Useful post for me!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: osckilo on September 13, 2009, 09:26:38 AMI have a Line 6 Spider 3 with all those effects.....

I was getting tired of the MBR effects.......

A Useful post for me!!!!

Great to hear! If you need any ideas, you might check with Dr. Tafka. I think he might run that setup on occasion.

BossMicroBRew
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Blooby

I would say that easily 80 percent of my posts contain guitar tones from the V-Amp Pro (the rackmount one), and folks have commented that they like my guitar tones.  I was so enamored of the simplicity of this unit and its knobs (yeah!) that I upgraded from the version II, mostly because of the on/off switch and its ability to stick it under my recorder in a rack case.  Plus, the overall construction of the version II and its spotty AC cord made me understand that it was just a matter of time before I was cursing up a storm.  Having said that, they guy I jam with uses the version II without issue (except the replacement of an internal battery in order to save presets).

I find their cleaner tones nice, but I know loads of heavier tones are in there.  I couldn't care less about the effects in it except for reverb and the occasional tremolo, which are okay.  I find the older I get, the less I like phasing, chorusing, an flanging unless I'm looking to go overboard.  The cabinet simulation affects the tone in huge ways, so be sure to delve into that a tad.

Peace.

Blooby

tony

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on September 13, 2009, 09:07:31 AM"Oh no...Behringer..."

Yes, Behringer. I picked up one of these Behringer V-Amp 2, Line 6 POD knock-offs at a bargain price. I cannot decide if I really like it yet, but it is fun to tinker with for now.

Does anyone have one?

I have the X-Vamp. It's the floor model with the expression pedal.  I found it good for both guitar and bass but then the prests started to die on me and I had to keep switching over and reassigning new presets.  By the time my frustration hit the level of throwing it the drummer, I'd bought the Micro BR and was using the effects in that instead.  I can get the tones I want from the MBR and I bought a wah pedal to avoid using the expression pedal on the X-Vamp.

Micro BRs are good.  Somebody ought to start an online forum about them.  I bet it would be popular.

launched

Quote from: tony on September 13, 2009, 09:38:55 AMMicro BRs are good.  Somebody ought to start an online forum about them.  I bet it would be popular.

:D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

I think T.J has the Line 6 Pod.......As well as the Spider....

Same thing But without the Amp......

I'm gonna have a Play now.......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

I've got the V-Ampire (who'd thought ::) ) and I'm proud of it !!!

I think there's loads of good tone in it. I've used it on a few of my postings here, but mostly stick to the mbr because I'm to lazy to drag the V-ampire around .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

zabel8484

Quote from: launched on September 13, 2009, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: tony on September 13, 2009, 09:38:55 AMMicro BRs are good.  Somebody ought to start an online forum about them.  I bet it would be popular.

:D

:D :D

upsetminded

Glad i found this post.  I was looking at both the V-amp and the X Vamp.  I was turned on by the expression ped on the X Vamp, but now tony, you have made me think twice.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor