Any suggestions for Keyboard?

Started by SE, September 13, 2009, 07:33:08 AM

Bluesberry

Most of these keyboards have line out or headphones out.  Just go from line out  (or headphones - line out is better than headphones out usually for recording, headphones out typically has a headphone amp that the sound passes through first) to line in in the mBR, works slick.  Record to a stereo pair for full stereo sound.  You can even add effects (like chorus or phaser) to change up the sounds.  The synth I ended up getting is the Roland SH-201, at $700 Can it is probably more than you need/want.  Plus there is a bit of a learning curve with mine in programming the sounds.  Don't forget Yamaha, they have some nice low end keyboards for a few hundred that sound great and have lots of useful sounds (like strings, organ, piano, etc...)  Good hunting, I am having a blast playing with my keyboard and learning about playing a keyboard.  The problem with the kaossilator is it is a bit like a toy, lots of good sounds, but I just really wanted a real keyboard after a little while.  I say go for a real keyboard and you will not be sorry.   

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

That's what I have is a Yamaha  around $300.  It can be hooked directly to the computer also,  Although I have never done it.  Has more sounds etc. than I am likely to use  Several drum kits with a lot of sound effects also.  And not overly priced.

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tony

Quote from: side effect on September 13, 2009, 01:42:29 PMHey thanks for all the advice it is really a great help, had a look at the Behringer keyboards and they look really good the UXM 49 looked good, going to show my complete lack of knowledge could this go straight into the MBR or via computer first.

I'm pretty sure that you have to go straight into the computer.  The reason that they are so cheap and do so much is that they don't have sounds onboard.  That's what the Ableton software, that loads onto your computer is for.

You should be able to go from UMX49 to computer to MBR.  But check it out first.

Bluesberry

Quote from: tony on September 13, 2009, 03:11:24 PM
Quote from: side effect on September 13, 2009, 01:42:29 PMHey thanks for all the advice it is really a great help, had a look at the Behringer keyboards and they look really good the UXM 49 looked good, going to show my complete lack of knowledge could this go straight into the MBR or via computer first.

I'm pretty sure that you have to go straight into the computer.  The reason that they are so cheap and do so much is that they don't have sounds onboard.  That's what the Ableton software, that loads onto your computer is for.

You should be able to go from UMX49 to computer to MBR.  But check it out first.
My mistake, this particular keyboard has to go through the computer first like tony says.  The software and sounds are in the computer on this one.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Thanks Tony you,ve been really helpful.
BB thanks for the suggestion it was really helpful too.
recorder
Boss BR-80